The Icy Desert | Teen Ink

The Icy Desert

November 1, 2018
By Anonymous


As the Antarctic breeze flowed through the researcher’s hair as he was mapping the stunning scene that was Antarctica. He started to think about the biggest desert in the world a place where not many people have explored. A place where the glaciers lustered. Where a  humpback whale would often disturb the silence on a peaceful day on the dark waters as you pass glaciers. All desserts were hot are they not. No, as the biggest desert in the world was discovered by a man named Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen who spotted a place known as the Fimbul Ice Shelf which is just one small part of the biggest desert known to man, Antartica. The researcher had a thought, even though most deserts were blazing red wastelands few can just be a frosty blue chilling wasteland. And just like in nature even though you come from the same background, or way of life doesn't mean you are destined for the same things as others who share your lifestyle.


The author's comments:

This Article is meant to share a message with people by talking about what a character in the story in this case a researcher is experiencing and using it as a metaphor to relate to a real life philosophy of mine.