The Letter | Teen Ink

The Letter

January 20, 2022
By Anonymous

Pacing by the door she waits sweat begins to build on her face. What if I don’t get in, I have to this is my dream school about 10 minutes later there is finally a loud knock on the door. She hurries to open the door  “Hello I have mail for Kate is that you” “yes” she says with an anxious tone. She shuffles through the mail looking for any evidence of the letter. But it’s not there she could have sworn the email said it should arrive by today.

 She goes to her phone and finds the email that says her letter would in fact become today. Kate decides to call the post office after she tells them how the letter should be here today they said they will have the mailman look all over and they will check there as well.

As the day goes on Kate begins to forget about the letter when there’s a loud knock on the door again “Hi, are you Kate?” “Yes” “I have a letter here for you, it must have gotten stuck between the seats and I didn’t see it till now, sorry about that” a rush of joy filled Kates face as she sees this is the letter she’s been waiting for this letter would change her life. Slowly she begins to open the letter she thinks about how hard she has worked to get to this point and all the hours of community service she did just to even be able to consider this school an option, she pulls the letter out and reads her eyes become so bright like the sun shining on a hot summer day. She got in. 

She calls her mom telling her the good news her mom says through the phone “ I knew you could do it because you wanted to go there since you were a child and with all the hard work you did to get in  you deserve to go there congratulations.”She hangs up the phone and looks at the letter smiling she did it.