Who did it? | Teen Ink

Who did it?

By annie30 BRONZE, Merton, Wisconsin
annie30 BRONZE, Merton, Wisconsin

“Hey, did you hear what happened to Rosie's boyfriend?” Mia said while taking her keys out of her bag.

“The murder?” Tom replied, waiting.

“Yes... I am kind of nervous because of all that.”, opening her apartment door, “like what if they won’t find out who did it? I bet Rosie is going to be worried for the rest of her life.”

“I am sure they will, you don’t need to worry” he said, patting Mia’s shoulder. “The police found a gun in the bathroom. Perhaps it’s suicide.”

Mia stopped walking, thinking, The police said they haven’t found any evidence yet. “Mh maybe y-you are right” she stutters, continuing to walk further into the kitchen, setting her bag on the counter. Furrowing her brows, she wonders, How does he know? My breath hitches, No it can’t be- he’d never do such a thing, r-right? “You know what? I totally forgot that I was going to meet up with Rosie today. I should probably go right away- I obviously don't want to leave her waiting.” she said, chuckling slightly while quickly packing her stuff. I hope he doesn’t suspect anything.

“Oh yeah, when are you coming back?” He sat on the couch.

“Uhm… I will text you” eyes fluttering, “I will probably end up staying overnight. You know she is devastated.”

Tom frowned “Okay”, deciding to just let it go.

Mia shuts the apartment door still holding onto the door handle, releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding and then sprinting to her car.

In the car, she closes her eyes, Why am I doubting him? 

She runs her hands through her hair. “Safe is safe” she sighs and pulls out of the parking lot.

I wrote this in my composition class.