that starry night | Teen Ink

that starry night

March 11, 2010
By sidneynicole BRONZE, McKinney, Texas
sidneynicole BRONZE, McKinney, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When life knock you down to your knees, just know you are in a perfect postition to pray."


I walked into the dark starry night. I thought about the encounter with Justynn I just had a few minutes ago. I sighed, maybe he did still love me, but it was over. Dead and gone, like that song by TI. I cracked a smile, and then shivered. Out of habit I reached down to my side for my phone. I completely forgot I was wearing a dress; I had left my phone with Malcolm. Well that was a smart idea, because know I needed to know where he was, including Emily my best friend and Jared her ex boyfriend.
I looked down the rows of cars lined up on the street. This party sucked, I thought and stared up out the sky. I really needed to get home. Maybe I should just try to find Malcolm’s car. I don’t remember where we parked to be honest. I walked to my left where fewer cars were, by the woods. I know it’s pretty stupid to be walking alone, in the dark in a place where you’re not familiar with. But hey, I had a few beers back inside so I wasn’t thinking straight.
I walked farther along looking out into the cars. I didn’t see Malcolm’s car. I sighed and started to walk back inside. Then a cold hand covered my eyes. I screamed, instinctively.
“Shut the hell up!” He whispered pulling me along with him. I tried to pry his hands of, but he held on pretty tight.
I closed my eyes whispering a prayer for God. I tried to kick him in the nuts, since he was behind me. I did, his hands dropped, as he yelped in agony. I ran blindly in the dark, not knowing where the hell I was. I heard footsteps behind me. Then he pushed me to the ground. I landed with a thud. It was all muddy in the woods, smearing mud all over my face. I tried to get up he pushed me again, and turned me over. He was a guy, obviously, he was slightly older than me, I think. I screamed again, hoping someone would hear me.
“This is what you deserve Natilee,” he whispered in my ear. I don’t even know who you are! I screamed inside my head. He put his hand over my eyes again and picked me up. I pulled his hands off of me and hit him in his face; well I think it was his face.
“I don’t really want to hurt you, but you asked for it,” he says. He grabbed my neck, squeezing it. I choked, scared out of my life. My life flashed before my eyes, the day I met Emily, then Mackenzie, the start of high school, when I first met Malcolm, the nasty break up with Justynn, the car accident with my sister; Nicole. Then meeting Greg--- Greg!! Him, that’s what this guy looked like, like Greg, maybe it wasn’t him, wait yes it was, no maybe not. All this thinking made my head hurt, I had to focus on breathing.
His hand released my neck, I fell my head bumping into a tree. Then everything went black.