Unstoppable Force | Teen Ink

Unstoppable Force

By decembersun14 PLATINUM, Winchester, Massachusetts
decembersun14 PLATINUM, Winchester, Massachusetts

"Life sucks. A lot. But you just have to keep on going. No matter what happens. You can never ever give up. You just have to roll with the punches, go with the flow, and always try your best to keep on going <3"

The sky cried. That’s how I saw it on that day. The sky was crying along with me.
I ran to chase his cab. I ran to tell him I was sorry. I ran to him to tell him once more that I loved him too much to lose him. I ran tell him that I needed him here by my side, no matter what the rest of the world wanted. He needed to be here. I didn’t care about any of the other world. Just him.
I ran so that I could hold his hand. I ran so that I could feel his warmth. I ran so that I could feel the tingle in my skin whenever I touched him. I ran so that I could feel his love and so he could feel mine. I ran to let him know once more. I ran to tell him that now was the time for fixing things and not to break them. Now was the time to sew our love back together one stitch at a time. Now was the time to mend our hearts; but he was leaving, and nothing in the world could stop his cab from going on down the street, splashing through puddles created by the never ending rain.
I stared those puddles as if they were oceans he was crossing. The cobblestone was a vast mountain range, each weathered stone a mountain, each crack in the sidewalk a wide valley. Each pothole was an island. And so his cab was a mighty unstoppable force, crushing my entire world in its path. And so all I could do was stand and watch as he rolled past the valleys and islands, over the mountains and oceans. And I watched; I did. Because I could not bound past those mountains like that cab could. I was not an unstoppable force.
I cried standing there in the rain. The raindrops were tears to my world. They filled it with sorrow. And it was crying because there was already enough sorrow to begin with.
And so I stood, my hair drenched, my shoes beginning to fill with water. But I didn’t care. I didn’t wish to be dry. I wished to be an unstoppable force.