Forbidden Fun | Teen Ink

Forbidden Fun

By Cuore GOLD, Saint Augustine, Florida
Cuore GOLD, Saint Augustine, Florida

Be the change you wish to see- Ghandi

Everything in this room is eatable, even I'm eatable, but that my dears is called cannibalism and is highly frowned upon in most societies.- Willy Wonka

Bright lights often blind those who can't see. ~

Tight white shorts, my favorite pink one-shoulder tank, cherry chapstick- I was ready to go. It had taken me about 2 hours to get ready, not including my luxurious 45 minute shower. It was worth it though. I looked fantastic I smiled as I examined myself in the full-length mirror-sliding closet door in my room. I’d gotten bored with my usual perfectly straight hairdo so I’d curled my hair this morning. I whisked a golden spiral out of my eyes and behind my ear and smiled again.

Mom and dad were out today, taking my little brothers (Tommy age 6 and Robert age 8) to the zoo. I’d been invited to come, but seeing as I’d been to the zoo oh say, 100 times (no I’m not exaggerating) I’d decided to pass. Instead I was given, very reluctantly, permission to use my dads Volvo. There was, of course, a very long list of does and don'ts that went along with the car and being alone for the day, none of which I had read.

I was probably about to break one of the rules. My friend, Amy, and I were going over to Chozo de Locos, the local club. It was, technically illegal for anyone under 21 to go. I.D.’s were easy to come by though and Amy had bought one for each of us. I’d been looking forward to going there for weeks now, and was jittery with nervous joy.

The doorbell ding-donged down stairs and I flew down the steps taking them two at a time to answer it. Amy stood in the doorway wearing a short black shirt and a dark purple tube top.
She’d overdone her mascara a bit and some had rubbed of onto the corner of her eye. I wiped it off for her and she laughed.

“Ready to go Kali?” Amy asked.

“Yes” I replied and grabbed my pink Juicy Couture purse.

Our heels click-clacked on the concrete as we walked across my driveway and climbed into my dads Volvo. I climbed into the passenger seat, Amy and I had agreed that she would drive there and I would drive back. Chozo de Locos was a good half-hour away from my house so I relaxed and stared out the window while Amy drove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived in what seemed like minutes to me.

“Here’s your I.D.” Amy said and passed me a very official-looking laminated card..

“Thanks” I replied.

We stepped out of the car then 6-inch stilettos not even wobbling a bit as we made our way to the clubs entrance. I flashed my I.D. to the guard and gave him the $25 entrance fee. He looked at the card, then me and let me in. Amy went through the same process and stepped through the entrance a minute after me.

The club was spectacular. Multicolored lights flashed everywhere and a full bar ran along the length of the left wall. Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body) by Three 6 Mafia was blaring from the huge speakers set up in the room. The dance floor was huge, crowded with so many people. Amy tugged on my hand, nodding towards the bar. I smiled and laughed, apparently Amy was interested in using our I.D.’d for more than just getting into the club. I shook my head to indicate I couldn’t then nodded towards the parking lot- I was driving back. Amy shrugged in a ‘suit yourself way’ and went over to the bar by herself. I turned back to the dance floor. It was a real mix of people. There were a few couples dancing together, but most of the crowded would dance with one person then move onto the next. There were a lot of groups dancing together. I recognized a couple of kids I knew from school and waved. They waved back and kept on dancing. Amy was back now with a full beer in her hand.

“Down that and then find me on the dance floor” I told her and left.

I pushed through the dance crowd towards the heart of the party, right next to a particularly large speaker. The song had changed by now and Dance With Me by 3Oh!3 was now playing. My face lit up as I recognized my favorite song, then I immediately felt annoyed that Amy wasn’t here yet to dance with me. Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder and whirled around to face , a very tall, very hot guy. He looked to be about 21 and had emerald green eyes and jet-black hair.

“My name’s Sam what’s yours?” the man asked.

“My name’s Kallipso, but my friend’s call me Kali” I replied.

“Am I your friend?” Sam asked leaning in a little closer.

“Maybe, maybe not, but I’d like to find out.” I told him.

“Well Kali would you like to dance with me?” Sam asked.

“Sure” I replied.

We danced together for the rest of Dance With Me and through about 6 other songs. Eventually I got tired and we sat down in one of the seats by the bar and talked. Sam offered me a drink, but I declined, hot guy or not I wasn’t about to get a D.U.I.. After we’d been sitting there for about a half an hour Amy caught up to me. She was quite tipsy by then. She was still sober enough to realize what I hadn’t though, my parents would be home in about an hour.

“I gotta go Sam, sorry” I told him as I stood up.

He stood up to, looking at me with a surprising intensity.

“Call me sometime” he said then kissed me hand and walked away.

I stood there stunned for a moment then realized he’d left a card in my hand. It had his number and e-mail on it. I smiled then led Amy out to the car and drove home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late that night after everyone else had fallen asleep, I called Sam.

This was created while listening mostly to 3Oh!3. Please rate and comment, I appreciate constructive criticism.