"Bruised && Broken:Chapter One" | Teen Ink

"Bruised && Broken:Chapter One"

By Katiexox GOLD, Portville, New York
Katiexox GOLD, Portville, New York

"Each Days A Gift And Not A Given Right"-Nickelback

I returned home late that night. Jason’s car stalled on the corner of Temple and Oak Street. I stood at the door, my hand shaking and trembling as it sits inches from the door knob. I prayed to the lord that hopefully he was passed out on the couch like he always is during the day. I kissed my cross, took a deep breathe and slowly turned the door knob. I walked in, my father was no where in site, I slowly closed the door, and as I closed to lock it something grabbed my wrist and ripped it from the knob. I didn’t even have to look to know. I looked up as he gives me a stare that looks like a mix of Anger and being drunk. He squeezed my wrist like he was trying to make lemonade out of a lemon.

“Good Evening Dad...” I said slowly.
“Don’t give me that s***, where the hell have you been?”
He squeezed me arm harder
“Well, J-Jason’s car ststalled, and we-we couldn’t get hohome, and,”
“Shut the Hell up!” He screamed
He throws me against the door, locking my wrists against it; I stand there and shake in his palms, while fear trembles in my eyes, along with tears.
“I don’t give a s*** about his stupid car! When I tell you to get home I tell you be home! Hitch Hike for all I care!”
“But Dad, I couldn’t leave Jason where he was, he would’ve gotten mugged or som-“

“Don’t talk back to me!”
He throws my body across the room, into the coffee table. I fell over into Mothers favorite vase. I always tried to protect it now that she’s gone. Will she be mad? I look up to see those terrifying eyes staring down at me. He grabs me by my hair and throws me over the couch. Rampaging in anger with the scent of booze on his breath. While he attempts to find me, I scramble to my feet, still trembling from throbbing pain, I run up the stairs. He grabs my ankle, I trip and fall. I some how break loose, and continue to run. I turned the corner, run to my room, close the door swiftly, and lock it. I put the lock on there the first time he beat me, I bought it with the money. He started to bang on the door, almost breaking the wooden door down, he puts cracks in it, but thank god it’s strong, and won’t let the monster break through the only thing keeping me safe. I turn around, slide down the door, let me head fall to my chest, and just let my eyes explode into a waterfall of tears.

A tale of Abuse, Love, & Friendship