Just Another Boring Day | Teen Ink

Just Another Boring Day

By sweetangel4life GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
sweetangel4life GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Sc. II).

"Let them eat cake."
Marie Antoinette

"Just another day to get through." I wrote it in Sharpie on a piece of notebook paper and stuck it on my door with some gray duct tape. Scratch that. Gray for boring. "Just another boring day to get through." I rewrote it like that on a fresh piece of paper. More gray duct tape.
My new room in my new house in my new life is complete, well, it should be. But for some odd reason it feels vacant-
The images fly through my head.
Sitting on the school steps in kindergarten. She was the only girl who talked to me. There's that time we were eating ice cream in fifth grade. We were in matching one-pieces with towels wrapped around our waists. We had stopped at I SCREAM's on our way back from the Y. Then the recent memories come flooding back. She slapped me. She hit me. She beat me. She was angry. Hurt. And she acted as if I weren't too.
I find myself with a Sharpie on my arm, outlining the haunting, fading bruises, sleeves pulled back.
Perfect. Think perfect. Deep breath. No dark allies. No one can gang up on me anymore. She can't bother me. Just pull your sleeves down, girl, and cover it up with make up. Your psycho twin sister is gone for good. Her body is rotting in the ground. At, least, that's what I tell myself.

Inspiring is not hard to find. just look for it in your quilt your great-grandma hand-sewed for you, or under your couch, or maybe inspiration will hit you in the face. Literally. Just kidding. i had fun spending some time on this short article.

"Let them eat cake."
Marie Antoinette

thanks and i will look at your work wheni get the chance.

Katie-jo said...
Katie-jo, Triangle, Virginia

Wow, extremely cool! And a bit creepy...in a good way! ;)

Please check out some of my work when you get the chance!