I Am Tomorrow | Teen Ink

I Am Tomorrow

By GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana
GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

I am a scribe. Letters bend and break at the flick and twist of my hand. I can destroy worlds that I create. I am a master, peasant, cat, and viewer. I know everything, nothing, and am still trying to figure things out. I am a writer, I shall keep legends alive, memories forever, and will always have secrets.

I am a craftsman. I capture souls and hearts and place them carefully on paper, in clay, and every other material imaginable. I see colors and shapes that don’t exist. I find the mysteries of the earth and heavens. I am an artist, I’ll hold onto beauty, let lovely things escape, and always apprehend life.

I am a healer. I banish illness away and I bring people to themselves. I have chased away death, battled monsters and I have won. I make people relax and rest with a small gesture and pill. I whisper to them at night telling them things that dry their tears. I am a nurse, I will restore things, return the soul, and always save the ones I can.

I am a warrior. Lands and seas remain safe under my firm watch and steady patrol. I struggle against exploding evil and whizzing metal darts. I never run, never leave another behind, and never give up. I am a soldier, I will never loose, I will always beat evil, and I will always guard the ones I love.

I am a traveler. My footprints are plastered on every corner of the world. I’ve seen things from a point of view that no one can believe. I can move faster than the wind and sound. I am a pilot, I will always cross the ocean, I will always look birds in the eye, and I will never fall.

I am an explorer. I go where the world ends and come back. I see earth, so small. I’ve been away from you but I always watch you. I am an astronaut, I will hear what shooting stars whisper, I will breathe air where there isn’t any, and I will study the sun as it warms my old home.

I am a treasure hunter. I find things more precious than rubies and gems. I uncover forgotten pasts. I reveal the earth’s old friends. I am an archeologist, I will discover my ancestors, I will keep history alive, and I will uproot beasts that surely were once dragons.

I am a wizard. I cast spells of illusions over the watcher’s eyes. I bring unicorns, mammoths, zombies and vampires back to life. I can drag you back in time or whisk you into the future. I am a movie director; I blow things away, flood cities and can build castles in the sky.

I am an apprentice. I search for my path. Do I want to save others, bring them joy, or help them go into new exciting things? Do I want to do something new or what my parents perform? I am a child, I am tomorrow, I am the fate of the world and I have to choose.

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

What a beautiful masterpiece, a true work of art. The imagery, the flow, the message--all flawless. My only question: You are the fate of the world, and you end by saying that you have to choose. Have to... or get to?

RealRiter GOLD said...
RealRiter GOLD, Astoria, Oregon

"I did not fail 101 times, but I simply found 101 ways that did not work." -Thomas Edison

Cool, wow, amazing! Great job with the organization of it!:)

-John Erslcine

Thank you! :D

SpidersAcrossStars PLATINUM, Hayward, California

For you, a thousand times over.

Im sure that you have already heard this but...amazing. *applause*

-John Erslcine

Thanks! I know I sound repetivite, but I really appreciate that you took time to read and comment!

ImAKeeper SILVER, Missouri City, Texas

"I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."- William Ernest Henley

Wow. That's honestly all I can think right now. That was incredible. I have no idea how you get ideas like this but it's great. No criticism. This is really spectacular and I especially love the ending! Great job! Keep writing and I'll keep reading! (:

-John Erslcine

Thank you very much!  I am glad my works get you thinking. That is what I hoped for! :D

Myvoice4change SILVER, Other, Other

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

Ahh you are so philosphocial (sorry I can't spell it) lol, but I mean that as a compliment!!! I wish I could write like you. I love how thoughtful this is, and like holly1999 says, creative! The way you end your pieces always leaves you hanging and makes you think!

-John Erslcine

Your kind words mean a lot. Thank you. :)

holly1999 GOLD said...
holly1999 GOLD, Middlesbrough, Other

'There was no need to clarify my finger snap, the implication was clear in the snap itself' - Magnus Bane

Wow! So creative and the idea was amazing. The description you used is great, and I loved how you exagerate everything then say what the job is in simpler terms. I really don't have any critisism for this. It's beautifully written and I feel like I could read it again and again. Perfect!  

-John Erslcine

Thanks for the insight.  I agree that some of the jobs are stronger than others.  I am actually working on that.  Thanks for reading and commenting!! ^___^

WriteOrWrong BRONZE, Grosse Pointe, Michigan

Sometimes you just need to take a nap and get over it. -Maura Stuard

Very creative! I was wondering how the ending would be. I quite like how each job is revealed. Some parts are worded so 'I will hear what shooting stars whisper' but others drag the story down from it's true potential. Overall this is very wonderfully written but try to reread it again and focus on each job. See what you would really like to say. Find the miraculous and beautiful things about each and express it in such a way that one could not dare to choose between them. I adore this piece very much. It intrigued me from the beginning which is why I decided to comment on this piece as opposed to the other. I hope that I'd alright, I was just so captivated by those first few sentences. This piece has fewer comments than Saving Humanity so hopefully my comment is being put to Bette use. Best of luck, brilliant job! Very awe-inspiring!

-John Erslcine

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!!

-John Erslcine

Thank you!!

-John Erslcine

Aww, thanks!!!

-John Erslcine

Thank you soo much. :)

-John Erslcine

Sure!     

-John Erslcine

Thank you. ^___^

-John Erslcine

Thanks. :)

-John Erslcine

Thanks!!!! ^___^