Dear God... | Teen Ink

Dear God...

By LinkinPark12 PLATINUM, Lincolnshire, Other
LinkinPark12 PLATINUM, Lincolnshire, Other

Work like you don’t need money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching. ¦ I like change - but only when everything stays the same.

Dear God,

I’m praying and I’m not praying. I’m praying for those innocent people being killed in the Middle-East by the bombs from Gaza and Israel; I’m praying for all the wars; I’m praying for the homeless. I’m praying for everyone suffering, and I’m praying for the well-being of the people I love. I’m not praying because one girl on her knees isn’t going to change the world.

I believe and I don’t believe. I believe because I want to, I need to. I believe there is something that controls the good and evil, something that helps everything decent to win in the end. I believe because I follow the path of the majority. I don’t believe because there is no proof. I don’t believe because justice doesn’t exists, just the pure and hard truth. I don’t believe the truth because I don’t want to.

I’m sorry and I’m not sorry. I’m sorry for everything bad I’ve done; I’m sorry for all the people I’ve hurt. I’m sorry I’m not always compassionate and that I’ve done stupid things. I’m sorry that I don’t always try, and I’m sorry that I keep apologising, expecting Your forgiveness. I’m not sorry because I shouldn’t be asking for mercy to thin air; I’m not sorry because I’m proud of who I am. I’m not sorry because all my mistakes have created the person I am today.

I’m happy and I’m not happy. I’m happy I’m here; I’m happy I have access to fresh water, food and medical resources. I’m happy I have a good education; I’m happy I love my family and friends. I’m not happy because suffering exists and I can’t do anything about it. I’m not happy that in some parts of the world, women still can’t vote; I’m not happy that people die unnecessarily. I’m not happy because people still murder and abuse.

I smile and I don’t smile. I smile because I’m happy; I smile when someone makes me laugh; I smile because I see the people I love. I smile because life’s worth it; I have to live every second, because no-one knows how long I have left. I smile because I mean it. I don’t smile because I watch the news; I see the deaths and poverty and want to help. I don’t smile because I still witness tears that flow from innocent eyes; I don’t smile because there’s no-one to cheer me up.

I hope and I don’t hope. I hope because sometimes, that’s the only thing I have left. I hope that someday, everyone will get what they deserve; I hope that peace will restore humanity; I hope that everyone’s innocent until proven guilty. I don’t hope because one emotion will not change the bad; I don’t hope because I should always expect the worse. I don’t hope because I’ve forgotten what hope is.

I care and I don’t care. I care because I should, because it’s the right thing to do. I care because I’m compassionate and I want everyone to be as happy as possible. I care because I cannot stand to see tears, death or disease. I don’t care because why should I? I don’t care as it’s not my life; there’s nothing I can do. I don’t care because I’m selfish. I don’t care because it’s lost in the evil of humanity.

I wish and I don’t wish. I wish because it’s the only thing I can do, sending a silent prayer to those who need and deserve it. I wish everyone has the opportunities that people have wasted over the years; I wish that shooting stars were real. I wish for every forgotten fantasy that has been dreamt away. I don’t wish because they never come true, only in fairy tales. I don’t wish because this is reality; I don’t wish because I can’t afford to hope.

I’m thankful and I’m not thankful. I’m thankful that you listen, I’m not thankful because you never act.

Amen.

I'm sorry if you're religious and this article offends you, but I hope you understand this point of view.

thanks :) :D

Zoya_Khan GOLD said...
Zoya_Khan GOLD, Gujranwala, Other

Where LOGIC ends, FAITH begins.
- Zoya Khan

Very well-written. This is really nice. U should have faith in God n u will get the answer to every question. Always think positive and never stop writing. Keep it up :) :) :)