Abduction | Teen Ink

Abduction

By oliviabudnovitch2 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
oliviabudnovitch2 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

It was half past 12A.M. December 7th, 2 days before the McGregor family was supposed to be moving halfway across the country to California from the sleepy town of Wellsboro Pennsylvania.
fourteen year old, Allison McGregor, slept peacefully in her bed until the door at the opposite end of the room slowly crept open and a not-so-strange-stranger tip-toed over to the sleeping girl.
Allison’s intense crystal blue eyes popped open as her uncle lowered his large warm hand over her small chapped lips.
“What! What! Who is that!” Allison tried to yell
“Shhhh Shhhh Allison it’s okay, it’s only Uncle Freddy. Come on let’s go for a walk.” Allison agreed without hesitation because it was not uncommon for her and her favorite Uncle to go for walks at night, he had no children of his own and they had a special bond with each other.
Allison and her uncle walked out into the woods behind the McGregor house.
“So how’s school Allison?”
“It’s okay, I really love my teachers”
“That’s great Allison. Now look… I’m going to do something now that I’m not very proud of.”
“What’s wrong?” Allison asked with uncertainty in her voice.
It was then that she noticed the large white van about one hundred yards away.
“What’s that? I’ve lived here my entire life and I’ve never seen it.”
“Allison.. that’s what I came here for.. I’m sorry.”
Allison knew what was going to happen. Her and her uncle looked at eachother and she knew she had to run. Allison dropped everything she was thinking about an ran.
Allison ran and ran as fast as she could, not even noticing the burning in the arches of her feet and the saplings slapping her cold burning face.
Keep running, just keep running. she thought to herself
Just then Allison tripped into a small hole in the ground and fell to the cold hard earth with a thud.
“shoot” she mumbled to herself.
Allison collected her confidence and looked around her almost on the verge of tears with her senses acute. No one was there. She was all alone.
‘Could she have escaped? Is she really safe?’ Allison kept thinking.
Before she could finish her next thought the same hand that covered her mouth just fifteen minutes earlier grabbed a handful of her golden hair and pulled her over to his van of death. Allison tried to scream but no sound seemed to come out. She tried to fight but it was no use, she knew it wasn’t going to work. Her Uncle Freddy picked up her tired, aching body and threw her into the back of the vehicle.
“And thats for running!” He shouted.
With a wicked grin on his face he climbed into the drivers side of the dirty old van, shaking the whole thing as he stepped in one foot at a time.
“Why are you doing this Uncle Freddy? What did I do to you?”
There was no response.
Allison pleaded again, “Please let me go home. Why are you doing this?”
“I never liked you Allison, all these years I was just pretending. Are you aware that your grandparents are leaving you with their millions when they die?”
“What are you talking about? They’re leaving it to you and my mother.”
“Not anymore! They’re leaving it to their only precious grandchild when all of it should be going to me!”
“Is that what all this is about? Money? You’re going to kill your own niece over money?”
Allison knew she wouldn’t be making it out of this situation alive unless she could escape.
Allison and her Uncle Freddy sat in silence while Allison formulated her plan of escape.
If I just sneak up behind him maybe i can strangle him or distract him so he’ll crash the car and i can run away. She thought. Allison would take any plan of escape she could.
No no, that wouldn’t work, I could be injured and i can’t risk that. Allison continued to think of a plan while her and her uncle kept driving on a road that seemed to go on forever until Freddy broke the silence by clearing his throat.
“Are you hungry-”
“No” she said in reply before Freddy could finish his thought.
“Well okay then.. I just thought you might want something to eat before…” His voice trailed off.
“Before what? You kill me?”
Freddy didn’t respond.
“I know what you’re planning.”
There was a long pause.
“Just do it now and get it over with instead of making me suffer and sit here while you drive me off to my death.”
Still there was no answer from Freddy.
Allison and her Uncle sat in silence again, but Allison wasn’t thinking of a plan she was trying to pick the right time to operate it. She decide to take the risk and distract Freddy so he would lose control of the car and crash, she would throw herself backwards so the impact wouldn’t hurt her, and even if it did she figured Freddy would be hurt more than her and the paramedics would take her away and bring her to the hospital.
If something goes wrong and I die… I’m going to anyway so might as well get it over with now, Allison told herself
Allison sat in silence and planned her time of attack.
‘Do it, just do it you wimp!’ She kept telling herself.
‘Do it now! Before you miss your chance!’
Allison gathered all the strength and courage she had left and slowly started on to her knees. So slow and slick, careful not to make any movements Freddy would notice. To Allison he seemed very locked in on the road; she carefully got her hands into the correct strangling position and went to put her hands around her Uncle’s abnormally large neck when she saw a blinding light ahead of her and her whole body felt like it was flying through the air when everything seemed to me moving slowly. She saw her life flash before her eyes and her small body hit the end of the van almost knocking Allison unconscious. She couldn’t feel anything her whole body was numb to the pain she was supposed to be feeling.
‘Fight! Fight!’ she kept telling herself.
‘Don’t let go now, keep fighting.’
Staying alive was the only thing Allison was worried about not if her used to be beloved Uncle was alive or what actually happened, but staying alive.

‘Keep fighting.’ She told herself.
‘Just keep fighting!’
Allison could feel herself fading in and out of reality.
“Stay with it.” She said aloud
“Just… Stay… With……”
She couldn’t hold on to the little bit of strength she had left and drifted slowly out of reality. She could hear people around her, yelling and some sort of a siren going off and then.. Nothing. Nothing. Allison’s body went completely numb and she couldn’t see or hear anything anymore, the voices and sirens faded out and became nothing.
*
*
*
*
*
*

*
“What? What? What happened, where am ?” Allison choked when she awoke in a hospital 3 days later.
“You were in a coma” Allison’s mother replied.
“what happened? Where’s Uncle Freddy?”
“Uncle Freddy.. You were in a car accident Allison and.. And Uncle freddy didn’t make it. Why didn’t you tell us when you were going for a walk with him? Your father woke up for work and you weren’t in your room then we get this call from the hospital saying you were in a car accident and undergoing surgery to save your life.”
“Surgery?” Allison asked in horror.
It was then that Allison noticed the bandages and sharp pain going through her stomach.
“Yes surgery. A piece from the car pierced your stomach and you lost a lot of blood… you almost didn’t make it Allison. What were you two doing driving around in the middle of the night?”
“Mom.. He tried to kill me..” whispered Allison.
“Kill you? What?”
“Mom, I’m not lying really, he said something about nana and pop pop leaving me their millions.. Is that true?”
“Yes.” Allison’s mother said in embarrassment.
“They wanted to leave it to their only grandchild, It’s being put into a trust fund for you and you won’t be able to access it until you’re 25, then you’ll only be able to have small fractions of it at a time.”
“Wow, he tried to kill me, HIS ONLY NIECE! For money? I’m almost glad he’s dead I feel a lot safer.”
“No Allison don’t say that. You know you love him.”
“Yeah mom, that was before HE TRIED TO KILL ME!”
“Allison stop.”
“Fine, but I’m not going to his funeral!”
Allison and her mother continued to fight over Allison going to Freddy’s funeral or not and Allison won the battle. Her mother figured it would be better for her not to go. Allison also learned a very valuable lesson about who to trust which she sadly had to learn the hard way. This experience has changed her life forever for the better.

In my class we were writing a murder story and I decided to do something like ray bradbury

THANKS SKY  

Skylerr BRONZE said...
Skylerr BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
LOVE THE STORY GIRL !!!!