Silence | Teen Ink

Silence

September 16, 2014
By EmmaRoseP SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
EmmaRoseP SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are like roses. If you just grab at us, you'll get a handful of thorns, but if you know where the thorns are and why they protect us you won't get hurt as badly.Only then will you appreciate our beauty."


Silence overwhelms me and I let it. Speaking should start, but finding what to say is difficult. If I begin, I am at fault. If she begins, she admits defeat. I wait decidedly knowing I will not make it my turn. She waits for me just as I wait for her, neither speaking. Neither willing to tell how they really feel about the situation. I look directly at her, asking if she’s sorry with my eyes. Her eyes meet mine with an assumed expectation that I do not wish to fulfill. Her arrogance angers me and I turn away waiting for her again. Finally, she speaks but she’s asking me to tell the story. I raise my eyebrows in surprise. No, I will not tell the story. She accepts that and begins her side. The problem is, it is not the truth. Not even close. The woman across the room looks sternly at me. I keep safe in my silence. But I have no words to defend myself from the harsh ones they deliver. I only get hurt again.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences