Jackie | Teen Ink

Jackie

By Sarelle PLATINUM, Winslow, Maine
Sarelle PLATINUM, Winslow, Maine

Dream like you will live forever,
Live like you will die tomorrow.

Once there was a girl with the name of Jackie. This girl did everything that was expected of her. She got good grades, hung out with the right people, and respected anyone who came across her path. Her parents were proud of her, always bragging to there friends about what a great daughter they raised.

Jackie didn't like being like this, though. She would have much rather been friends with people more like her, or what she felt inside. People who actually took a risk, people who wanted to have fun, instead  of sitting at a desk studying all day. She wanted to be able to do all the things other girls her age could do, but most of all, she wanted her parents to trust her with freedom.

Jackie was under strict rules that she had to follow 24/7, and she was getting tired of it. So one day, she decided to finally work up the nerve to ask her parents if she could do some of these things she wanted to. She got very exited when she started to talk, but her parents shut her out, and they wouldn't listen to her.

Jackie wanted to prove to her parents that she would be responsible enough to do the things she wanted to. So she chose to take matters into her own hands, and she ran away from home to see where she belonged. She started hanging out with some bad people who who got her to do very bad things.

About a year later, her parents still hadn't found her, but they never stopped trying. They looked everywhere they thought she could have possibly been. Her mother still cried herself to sleep every night, asking herself "Where did I go wrong? What did I do to make her do this?" . Every night, she still says a prayer, asking God to send her little girl back to her.

What Jackie's parents didn't know, was that seven months after she ran away, jackie had died. She had become tired of living on the streets, but she also thought her parents would not take her back after what she had done. Jackie soon fell into a deep depression and, only 15 years of age, had ended her life, by her own hands, she had decided that life was not worth living. And her parents never knew, even after Jackie would have turned 30, they continued to search for their only child they didn't know was gone.

My passion is writing, especially things like death and sadness. I hope you are inspired by this story, or enjoy it.