Peace. | Teen Ink

Peace.

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

Lies. That's is all that we have left to believe in. The minds of the many have gone blank from the lack of leadership, the fall of the economy, the lack of freedoms that we held up so high in the years prior. Every opinion was heard, every injustice upheld, every law was obeyed, every single thing that was held dear was still relevant. Those were bright times, those days were also the beginning of the end. Many have come in gone in the past years to this point. I look up at the sky. Is she watching? The night sky so clouded, so set full of thought and disbelief. She has guided us before, the goddess she was upheld to be has been silent for far too long. The people ask for forgiveness, they ask for vengeance and all want the same thing. Peace. As I look down from the sky, you see the hideous remains of what the world has become, where did it all go? It was full of sunshine, life and happiness. I just want peace will you listen goddess?

See what you’ve caused goddess? The streets lay with blood, death and deception. Everyone at their own breaking point, each person willing to give it all to you if you would just fix this wrong you have caused. WE have everything to blame on YOU. How does that feel up there on your mountain top? Do you even care to look down at your subjects? Is that what we are to you? Subjects? Lab rats? Just another experiment for those who cannot walk the same earth as I? Those who can't stomach the same pains as I? We ask for savior, shelter, and light. You send your blessing in the form of stone and chalk. Simple message it reads. All to simple for a being so as you. It reads, “All Shall Watch” We shall watch what? The death of us all while you retry your grand plan to make the perfect society. WE have given everything to you in hopes of you writing your wrong. What have we got to show for it. Blood. Stone. And death. What do you say goddess? Are watching us now? Ready to give us peace? Peace at last.

The fools. They have given everything to something they cannot fully understand or grasp of what they are a part of. They think it to be a wrong of me. My power does only go so far. I gave you hope, life and prosperity. I gave you the tools to move forward, and you did with great strides of advanced proportions. I send you the souls of my own creation to help you get the upper hand and prosper even more. What happens? Others grasp the concept of jealousy, and the idea that a mere mortal is the better in this grand problem called life. I shall come back with a vengeance to reclaim the wrong. But tis not I that has written this wrong. I gave you the chisel to make everything you could ever dream. And you took it and stabbed the hand that fed you. What tolerance do I have left, what can I do? Millions will be slaughtered in a mere second with a snap of a finger. The end of life as they know it, as here deaths occur millions of screams will be heard throughout the universe so I can finally have what they couldn't achieve. Peace.

The boy was right, it's all lies. The goddess doesn't care. The higher power only thinks of the advancing of herself. We are doomed to the end. Can we stop it? No. Can we fight? Why? Is there a point to it now? Fight the end? Trying to hold back the winds of the plague among us? Let the souls of these people finally find something they have been searching for, the one thing that was held above else. Let the rest in peace. 

Its a personal opionof the idea of religious belifs. Kinda sorta.