An okay, but frankly dead life of a high school student | Teen Ink

An okay, but frankly dead life of a high school student

May 20, 2016
By Anonymous

“Hello” is what I would have said if you had talked to me, followed by a calm but swift get-a-way and that’s on a good day. Normally, you just get a glare from me and that’s on any day of the week. Now, to stop you from thinking that I’m just a a-hole and maybe force you to have some empathy for me; I shall re-live my s***ty ass life for you, so be ready.
So to start off I may have to say my name to you, reader, but it will not be my true name, mostly because I trust no one. Anyway I ‘name’ is....umm....umm....okay never mind that for now, my name for however long I have this notebook before I lose it, will be know as “XIII”. I know, I know a really ‘great’ name you have there, ha...ha...ha...I don’t care. Anyway back on topic, my new ‘fantastic’ life started the first day into summer, or well half way through summer because when my parents died in a car crash, a little more than a week ago. So, in their will they left most of the money to my cousins and had given me the vacation house. While I did like it when my parents were gone in the summer time, I didn’t want to go to Japan for a new place to live, but sadly my cousins force me out of the house with what little belongings I had in my 17 years of living. So while happy that I had summer when I would normally have school that didn’t last because Life and Karma had it out for me.
After living alone for a little less than a week into the ‘new lifestyle’, I had gotten a job at a corner store ‘near’ the vacation house, and when I mean near, I really mean a hour walk. Getting used to the quiet lifestyle of being a cashier that only has need to scan products for the random people that came by the store. My boss spoke broken english, but I could pick up the pieces of sentences he spat out, luckily for me the shoppers noticed my appearance and didn’t try to talk with me. Luckily the landlord hear the story about how my parents died and allowed me free rent for the first five months of me living in the house, as time flew by and me getting paid I checked my phone a located the nearest bank with the ability to exchange the cash I had to the currency of Japan. Turning to go home I was confronted with a sleek, jet black gun pointed straight for my face, the person didn’t speak and i didn’t either. I lift my arm up to ‘check the time’ and the person with the gun grunted and shot me ten times, let me tell you getting shot and not screaming is and should be an olympic sport, barely hearing the shots lead me to believe the gun was silenced and my killer really was a professional, and me being me I smiled because I thought I made a professional killer pissed, not the greatest bucket-list entry but it was me being me.
Losing energy as my killer dragged me into the nearest bush, I close my eyes and fall asleep forever....or so I thought. Life may find it funny to allow someone that’s okay with dying and pull them out it after they felt Death’s touch.
“Oh...my F***ING god! You allow me to die and then bring me back to life!?! Why must you toy around with my life!” I scream into the night sky.
Calming myself down I get up, painlessly I might add, and force myself to walk back home; along the way I talked to myself about the recent resurrection, the bullet holes had not been there when I woke up, leading me to think that I have increased health regen. Yes, I did just compare my life to a video game because that’s who I’m. Anyway back on to the topic again, after a three hour walk back to the house because I had given up on thinking about where my house was, as if nothing was wrong my house looked back at me as I stared at it, as if saying,
“What took you so long?”
Me, being the ‘not insane’ person I am, flicked off the silent building and walked to the front door; only to find it unlocked and some-what open. After the three hour I had, was really open to any ideas to happened during my death and the walk to my house. Sighing and pushing the front door all reasonable ideas: flew out the window, landed in an oil pit, someone passing by threw away their lit cigarette into the pit, and didn’t hear the screams of my ideas burning to death, as they walked away from the explosion. For whatever reason Life wanted me to die was mostly this, after opening the door I had seen a women I never met before in a state of undress with the women having the figure of the female you could she in an anime. The women stared at me with something along the lines of, confusion and embarrassment, me being me: walked past her, up the stairs, took a right down the hall to my room, open the door to my room, locked the door, moved my dresser so it press up against the door, along with my bed, grabbed my survival knife from under the pillow, and collapsed onto my bed.
In my head, I keep on yelling for the women to get the f*** out of my house, and as Life would have it, she didn’t leave, in fact she followed me to my room,
“H-H-Hello....umm...i-is this your house? I-I think your landlord as it was o-open for anyone who w-wanted to live h-here...”
The somewhat muffled and forced ‘quiet girl’ voice of the women came through the door. The reason that I was able to see, okay hear, through the fake voice of the women was because I had meet someone how did the voice perfectly ever though she wasn’t that type of person. Forgetting about the women for a little bit, I began to connect in the points of information I had gotten to this point:
There was a random female in my house
She said the landlord had made this house open
My landlord said I had five,now three and a half, months to live here free of rent
I was killed by someone that mostly likely didn’t have a grudge against me
I was shot enough times to not allow anytime to be wasted by checking if I was alive or not
My conclusion: My landlord hired a hitman to kill me so the house was open for other people.
“I’m soooooo going to see my landlord about this later”I said inside my head.
Coming back to reality by the heavy poundings in my door and the ‘quiet girl’ voice was gone and the now hate-filled yelling of the women replaced it,
“IF DON’T OPEN THIS MOTHER F-”
Tuning the voice out of my head once again, I decide to come up with a plan to get me out of this situation and have me confront my ‘landlord’ about the murder of my life. Remembering that fact that I was indeed dead, I restarted my plan to confront the landlord, until the women outside the door had gone super saiyan and broke down my door, push my dresser and my bed with me still on top of it, out of the way and was now redefining the term ‘pissed the f*** off’ as she stare at me. Feeling the massive amount of bloodlust coming off in waves from the women, as a reflex I stood up, rushed past her, keeping the knife firmly held in my hand. Due to my abrupt actions, the women didn’t have much time to come up with a plan on the spot, not letting that go to waste I race down and out of the house with my cold as ice body kept a good distance away for the women and allowed me to ran non-stop, which I learn from the three hour walk. Luckily I was able to lose the female for now and allow me to plan on how I was going to get my house back without having the government on my ass.
Hours past as I try to work out my unique situation, as well as trying and failing to stop people from staring at my holed clothing and body, this was handled my survival knife. Being a zombie....no wait...I’m more of a undead person, I don’t really want to munch on brains at the moment, anyways as the this first chapter of this book...can I call this a book? Well whatever, as I’m getting tired of writing this thing, this is XIII signing out.
Bye for now.