Les Macarons | Teen Ink

Les Macarons

By 20dancequeen BRONZE, Dublin, California
20dancequeen BRONZE, Dublin, California

What is a dream? Well, that dream is what you interpret it. For Belle, It’s a wish to breathe the Parisian air, to walk around the famous park under the Eiffel Tower, and to wake up in the most romantic city in the world.
Belle, the quirky 18 year old with the big dreams of traveling to France, lives in a family who is unable to send her to France. Belle is very determined and was focused on creating a way to make it to France. She will not let anything or anyone stand in her way to make her dreams happen.
Belle goes to high school and isn’t like other girls. She doesn’t hang with the athletes and she doesn’t go to parties, she just hangs out with the more shy people at school and she focuses on her studies. Belle is bullied for her love of intelligence and her love for France and the French culture. She is called names and has had gossip about her travel throughout the school and make her feel ashamed for still having a dream from when she was younger and having a dream that was unrealistic, but Belle always keeps her head up in the clouds and focuses on her dreams.
Belle came up with the idea of fundraising for her trip buy selling her version of a French macaron. She started by making the macarons and developing the perfect recipe for each new flavor she created. Belle had started selling them to family, neighbors, friends, classmates, and people around the city. Everyone who tried one couldn’t get enough, so Belle eventually created an online store, Les Macarons, where people could purchase them and they could be sent worldwide. The online store was a success and she started to slowly start inching toward the total goal of $5,000 dollars for her trip to France.
Bells’s store had become so popular that she couldn’t bake them fast enough. She eventually hired a couple of her closest friends and told them the recipe, so they could make the macarons faster. Later, the baking teacher allowed them to use the kitchen at school under her watch. All of the extra space and extra hands lead Belle to be able to ship the macarons faster and eventually lead to her almost being able to reach her goal.
Les Macarons was a huge success and she had reached her goal within a week. The success didn’t stop there, multiple famous bakers, chefs and celebrities could not stop talking about them. Belle had multiple news outlets and TV shows asking her for interviews and how she started. All this publicity had lead to her goal jumping to $100,000.
Belle had planned a magnificent, month-long trip throughout Paris to all regions for her whole family and everyone who had helped her in the making of Les Macarons. Before her trip, she took pre orders before the trip so she wouldn’t miss the customers needing the macarons.
In May, Belle and her entourage had packed up to head to France. Belle had the trip of a lifetime with visiting all of the monuments, museums, and parks. She had tasted all of the French cuisine and fell in love with the macarons in France. She was told the recipe and had enhanced her own recipes with the tips and tricks she had learned from the French pastry chefs.
When Belle had arrived back from the trip, she had practiced and perfected her recipe. She had decided to create an actual store in her hometown and her bakery had increasing popularity around the world. She had become world renowned pastry chef in Paris, France and was living out her dream from when she was young.

I was inspired to write this piece because since I was young, I have been in love with France and its culture. It has played a big role in my life and I hope to visit it one day.