The Perfect Day | Teen Ink

The Perfect Day

July 25, 2009
By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
68 articles 0 photos 90 comments

The Perfect Day!

I was walking down the school hallway with Nora and then when I passed Jeremy I tripped and fell on the floor on my face and then he looked at me and said "let me help you up" and I was like "it's okay I'm fine" but he did it any way and when I got up I realized that I had hurt my ankle and then I started limping and going to pick up my books and he was like "you're hurt!" and I was like " I’m fine" and he was like "No you're not let me take you down to the nurse" and so before I could say anything or argue with him he put my arm around his shoulder and his arm around my waist. Nora was still there and she was so happy she was laughing and looking at me with her really happy look and so we walked. We were walking down stairs and I was like "Why are you doing this, I mean taking me to the nurse and all?" and he was like " Well I wanted to skip class" and I looked down and then he said "And I wanted to be with you" and then I stopped for a second well we both did and I held his shirt tighter and then I accidentally put my foot on the ground cause I was out of focus looking at him "OW!" and then he lifted me a little and we started walking again he was like "okay let's get you to the nurse" and so we got there and then the nurse looked at us and all she said was "get up on that table" and so he was like "let me do that" and before I could think about what he meant he lifted me onto the table and I was breathless and then a little embarrassed. Then the nurse looked at my ankle and she was like "yep that's definitely broken" and as she said that she was wrapping it up and then went into her closet and took out crutches. Then she said " It's a good thing I have some in here otherwise you'd be on him" and she pointed to Jeremy "all day" and Jeremy looked up and whispered into my ear "I wouldn't mind that" and I laughed softly and then he helped me down holding me against him. and then I took the crutches and we went out. At that time people were coming down to lunch and so we walked down the three steps and I hadn't gotten used to the crutches yet so I dropped one and since he was in front of me walking backwards watching me I fell on him and we both fell on the floor. he started laughing and was like "are you trying to hurt me now" and I looked at him and laughed a little and then I looked back at the crutches lying on the floor and then he knew what I was thinking and he said "hold on I'll get them" and he lifted me off him and set me sitting on the floor and I looked at him getting up and I was like "R U just going to leave me here" and I was laughing just joking around and then he laughed a little and picked up my crutches and was all serious again walking toward me and then he took my arm once again and wrapped it around his shoulder and his arm around my waist and then brought me to the railing to hold on to and then he helped me get the crutches on so I wouldn't fall over and then he helped me down the rest of the stairs. then people were almost near the corner and then he was like "I'll see you later" and before he left I looked at him and I couldn't look away and then he turned the corner and I didn't see him again and whispered to myself "yeah" and then people rounded the corner and I left heading to the lunch room.


I walked down to the cafeteria and met up with my friends or I should say my BFFL's (best friends for life) They were all prepared to ask questions about what happened because of course Nora told them and so when I sat down next to Anna they all started asking. But right when I sat down I saw Jeremy sitting at a table alone!! I couldn't take my eyes off of him to listen to the crazy questions my friends were aching for me to answer. "Jen are you even listening" my friend Anna said and then she followed my gaze and said "wow...... you should go sit-" and before she finished what she was saying I got up and walked over to him still sucked into his gaze at me. "So you are attracted to me it's like your my own personal magnet" Jeremy said I smiled and took a quick glance back at my friends who were all crowding to the nearest corner of the table to try to listen in to the conversation. "Yeah I guess I am, and why aren’t you with your friends?" I asked confused and I emphasized friends since non of them like me. "Um.... yeah well um I have to talk to you so um you should sit eat something too." he said "okay." I said once again confused. he stood up and pulled the chair out for me and took my crutches "thanks" I said politely "your welcome" he said and then walked around the table and sat across from me. "well my friends they said that I can't hang out with you otherwise I'm out of the group." he said looking down at the table "oh I get it." I said and started to get up but before I could leave he said "Jen." I looked at him clutching the chair to keep my balance. "I left the group" Suddenly it felt like my heart stopped beating and then I stopped breathing. I was just standing there looking at him shocked. I felt totally stupid but I still couldn’t move. "Jen are you okay?" he asked concerned but I still couldn't find the right words so I just stood there holding on to the chair harder now. "Jen?" he came over and grabbed my hand and uncurled my fingers from the chair and put my arm around him so we were face to face. "Jen I Love You." I realized that I was suddenly crying the Jeremy wiped my cheek and pulled me to his chest and kissed me on the forehead and we stayed like that way for a while until I could speak again. "I Love You too." I said sniffling then my friends who overheard EVERYTHING started clapping and then we hugged again. He pushed me away from him gently and took my face in his hands looked at me and then pulling me closer to him and kissed me, our lips touching. And that was my little piece of PERFECT!!!!!!!