Damsel in Distress | Teen Ink

Damsel in Distress

By secrets20102 GOLD, Missouri City, Texas
secrets20102 GOLD, Missouri City, Texas

I waited for him in a dark alley outside of town. A quick glimpse at my watch told me he was an hour late. He was never late before and I was worried. I saw a dark figure walking towards me and was about to wave to them to get their attention, hoping it was the one I was waiting for, but instead a cold arm wrapped around my waist and pinned my arms to my sides. A hand coiled around my mouth. I struggled and kicked this invisible foe but somehow it avoided all my blows.

“Now don’t be like that, darlin’,” the menacing voice said. “I only wanted a kiss or two.” I was furious. This man was drunk! A stranger, only here to delight in my pain! How dare he even come close to me! He pulled me deeper into the shadows and I tried to make as much noise as possible to grab the attention of the figure. They were so close yet so far away! That person was too engrossed in their search that they paid me no attention.

The hand against my mouth had loosened its grip. I opened my mouth and the palm of the hand started to collapse for lack of support. Finally, the hand was in a position in which I could to some damage! I bit down hard, but I did not allow myself to taste the grime coating the hand. A deep cry of pain and rage sounded from the man holding me and my face was released. I watched as the figure snapped their head my direction. I realized it was a man. “HELP!” I cried before the wounded hand could cup my face again. The shadowed man picked up what looked like a long stick from the ground and ran to my assistance. When he was only a foot away from me and my captor he spoke.

“Release my fiancé and there won’t be any harm.” I was delighted at hearing Brian’s voice, to know he was safe.

“Hey man, I was just havin’ a little fun with the girlie here. No harm done.”

“Yeah, that must be why her eyes are full of fear, brother.” So the drunken man would be my brother-in-law? Small world. Or was I taking his words to seriously? “I don’t want to ask again, Michael. Let go of her.”

“Okay, okay.” He let go of me and I fell. Brain caught me.

“Always the damsel in distress, aren’t you? You’re more trouble than you’re worth sometimes,” he teased. I smiled back at him.

“You know this wouldn’t have happened if you were a few minutes earlier,” I said. I lifted my hand to his face.

“I know. I’m sorry. But don’t forget, I love you.”

“And don’t forget, I love you too.”

Hermione-Granger BRONZE, Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Oh my gosh I love this!

antea GOLD said...
antea GOLD, Tirana, Other
This is really good! Good Job!

CianaB GOLD said...
CianaB GOLD, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
I liked this a lot. I was just confused as to how the two guys were related.

omg there brothers awesome nice story(: