Forbidden Love [part 2] | Teen Ink

Forbidden Love [part 2]

June 12, 2009
By okeydokey SILVER, Cle Elum, Washington
okeydokey SILVER, Cle Elum, Washington
9 articles 0 photos 13 comments

“Mom, I don't really want to go to boarding school.”

“What? No, honey, you're just kidding. Of course you want to go.”

“Um... no. I don't.”


There was silence on the other line. I didn't know what to do, so I asked, “...mom?”

“No no no no no! You are staying in that bloody school, and you are going to like it, and you are only going to come home for christmas and easter! Young lady, am I clear?!”
I shouldn't have said anything.

“Yeah, mom. But just so you know, I didn't want to come home either.”


I hung up the phone before my old-fashioned mother could go on another tangent about how any true lady will learn from a good school blah blah blah. Screw this. I thought. I'm getting out of here, and there's nothing she can do about it. I decided right then and there that as soon as the semester was over [a week from now] I was going to get away from this ginormous building, with it's old-as-dirt teachers, and stupid rules.

HEY, SOMETHING SEEMS WRONG. DO U NEED A HUG OVER STARBUCKS?

I let out a sigh as Cody texted me again. He could make it seem like all my problems were so far away sometimes.

Yeah. I do. I'll B there soon.

K. GUESS WHAT?

What?

I LOVE YOU.


I giggled at the warm and fuzzy feeling only he could give me.

I love you too.


Not bothering to take off my soccer tank from earlier, I changed into some basketball shorts and shrugged on a sweatshirt. Peeking outside to see if the dorm monitor, Claire, was watching, I bolted across the hallway and down the short flight of stairs, through the lobby [past a late-night touchy-feely couple], down a much longer flight of stairs, through one set of double doors, past a mini arcade / bubble gum paradise, and out another door into the refreshing midnight air of June. Taking a single deep breath to calm me, I took off my sweatshirt, hid it in my favorite trap door in the school, and took off for the tree that hangs over both sides of our fence, making a quick getaway conveniently easy.

Thud! My sneakers slapped onto the pavement, and I hit the ground running. I couldn't wait to see Cody.

Past Second Street. Past Nevada Avenue. Past North Oak Road. Into the parking lot of Starbucks I ran. I could see a silhouette standing casually by the door. I figured it was Cody, so I jogged up to him, and hugged him quickly. It just started to get awkward when his face came out of the shadows, and it wasn't Cody's.

“Whoa, I'm sorry. I thought you were my boyfriend. Sorry.”


The guy was just a little taller than me. He had messy dirty-blonde hair, small blue eyes, and a strong jawline. He looked strong through his ribbed maroon muscle shirt. I just started to turn around and grab the door handle where Cody was probably waiting inside, when the dude grabbed my waist, and dragged me back against the wall.

“Hey, man. I said I was sorry. I don't even know you, please don't carry on.”

“I'm not gonna hit you or anything.” His voice was really deep and clear. He was leaning against the wall, a little close to where i was standing, just against the wall connected to it to make an inward corner.

“Uh... ok, that's great, but you, like, back of a little? I've got personal space issues.” I tried to inch him backwards with my hand.

“You didn't seem to have personal space issues earlier.” He replied, ignoring my hand trying to shoo him off.

“Dude, that's with my fricking boyfriend!” I tried to push him, but i couldn't make him budge. Not even the littlest bit.

“Well then, just pretend I'm your boyfriend.” His mouth twisted into a smile, as he grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him. My first instinctual thought was, Aw, crap! The school pervert from last month has friends!

I spoke too soon. I guess what he did was better but worse than the pervert. He suddenly had a black garbage bag that came out of nowhere, dumped it over my head, and picked me up like a sack of potatoes over his shoulder. I instantly started screaming for all to hear. About 20 paces away, after a ton of complaining from him, I was plopped back onto my feet and could see the light of day again.

“Now, you listen here. You will shut up and cooperate, or I will make you.” He pointed his finger at me, and got reaaaal close to my face.

I stood my ground. Crossed arms, balanced on one food, sarcastic look on my face, I was ready for anything. Except a surprise attack.

I was grabbed from behind, again. By the waist, again. No garbage bags now, this dude never turned me around to look at him. Which sucked, cause he tied my hands together with what felt like duct tape, tripped me so I fell over, and then tied my feet as well.

So here I was, sitting on my butt, eyes, mouth, hands and feet all out of order. The only thing I could do in the back seat of that beat-down beamer was listen to what the two guys were saying, which was pointless.

“I saw her yesterday,” said Ugly-butt [that's what I call him].

“Who, Sara?”

“Yeah, and she was looking hot-a** as usual.”

“Dude, you're obsessed over the girl.”

“Am not. I just love her.”

“Am too.” The guy I didn't see punched Ugly-butt . I could practically imagine the storm brewing.

Ugly-butt kicked No-face. No-face hit Ugly-butt harder. Ugly-butt let go of the wheel and started to attack No-face. They didn't notice it, but I could feel the car starting to swerve off of the highway. Crap! How do I get them to pay attention to the road? How do I--

OOFF!! The car ran smack into a tree. I still couldn't see anything, but I could hear loud and clear the front end scrunch like an accordion. I rolled off of the seat and onto the floor from the impact. The dudes were silent for a moment, and then started going at each other again, saying stuff like, “This is your fault!” “No, you're the one who wasn't watching the road!” “You're the one who made me!” etc.... Meanwhile, I was working on getting the duct tape off of my hands. Once I did that, my feet were next.

Slowly, slowly, slowly towards the door, slowly, slow-ooh! There's the door handle. Ok. Slowly pull it, slowly, slowly, don't let it be loud enough to click. Now, slowly open the door, inch towards the door slowly, very slowly... now RUN!!!

I bolted out the door as quick as possible. I felt like the wind, running away from that car. I didn't look back to see if they had noticed I was gone, but I heard heavy footsteps. That just made me try and run faster. I've played soccer for eight years! He can't catch me! I thought while my sneakers slapped against the nicely paved road. Down the very centre I bolted, never slowing down. I imagined the soccer ball between my feet. Steadily, the footsteps grew softer, and after a while I paused to listen. I didn't hear anything other than birds chirping now. I had lost the perverts! I quickly pulled out my phone to call someone, anyone. Cody, my mom, or 911? I wondered. Well, 911 would be here pretty quick. They probably have a tracking system, and they would put the dudes behind bars. Cody would be the most emotional help to me right now, and he has a truck. My mom, is well... my mom. There's nothing else to it. She's my mom.

I decided to call 911 first, and while i was sitting in the medic, I would call Cody and my mom. Slowing to a casual walk on the side of the road, I dialed the three numbers.

“Nine-one-one. What's your emergency?” A lady's voice came over the speaker. She sounded too calm to be talking for a medic hotline.

“I've been kidnapped. I escaped the people, and I'm walking on a road right now. I need someone to come get me because I have no idea where I am.” I realized I spoke too calmly to be talking to a medic hotline.

“Ok, our gps systems are tracking your cell phone now. An ambulance should be there shortly.”

“Thanks a lot.” I smiled. I would be ok.

“You're very welcome, miss. Glad to be of service. Do you want me to stay on the line with you until the vehicle arrives?”

“No thanks. Am I allowed to walk, or should I sit in one spot while I wait?”

“You can walk if you like. Bye now.”

“Bye.”


I walked silently past a tree stump. I counted the rings for a little bit, got bored after I passed 26, and walked again. The brisk air felt so nice on my arms, legs and face. I closed my eyes and tilted my head toward the stars. I opened them, and saw a beautiful night sky. The moon was a crescent, the stars were in groups and they shone like little nightlights.

I just realized I turned my phone off when I was about to text Cody. Listening to the little tune it made when turning on, there were eleven text messages popping up. Cody, I love you too. I thought and smiled. I scanned through the first. The list read,

HEY, DID U GET CAUGHT OR SOMETHING? IT'S BEEN 15 MINUTES.

UM, IF UR IGNORING ME, I'M GONNA KEEP TXTNG U UNTIL U SAY U LOVE ME.

OK, THIS ISN'T REAL FUNNY, BABY. WHAT R U DOING?

DID I SAY SOMETHING 2 PISS U OFF?

IF I DID, I'M VERY SORRY. COULD U AT LEAST TELL ME WHAT I SAID?

I BET UR FONE'S OFF. BUT UR FONE'S NEVER OFF. Y IS UR FONE OFF?

I'M GETTING REALLY WORRIED. I'M GONNA GO 2 UR DORM. READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!

OK. UR NOT IN UR DORM, UR MONITOR DOESN'T KNOW WHRE U R, UR FRIENDS DON'T KNOW, NO ONE KNOWS! WHERE R U?!?

OK, IF UR DEAD, I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. I ALWAYS WILL. I'M SORRY 4 WHAT I SAID.

YOU CAN'T B DEAD. I WILL FIND U. I'M GONNA FIND U ALIVE. I WILL.

WHERE DO I START?

I cried when I read those. While, and after. Cody loves me so much, I thought.

I heard a siren from behind me. Yes! The ambulance! Yes yes yes!!

I stopped and stood to the side of the road while the medic stopped and people rushed out. Cody jumped out of the back and ran to me. I embraced him in such a wonderful kiss that my head spun and almost unscrewed itself off of my neck. When we finally pulled apart, I whispered in Cody's ear, “I love you too. I always will.”

We walked back to the medic, where my mom and best friend, Liz, were sitting inside. A smile broke across my face as I ran and hugged them. I pulled away quickly, and looked my mom in the eye. “I have a boyfriend. His name is Cody. We are in love with each other. Even though we aren't allowed to be together, we are anyway. There is nothing you can do.”

“I know. That's why I already accepted Cody. He seems like a good guy anyway.” My mom smiled warmly. This was the first time she actually accepted what I did and wanted to do. “Your love isn't so forbidden anymore.”

“No. No it's not.” Cody turned me toward him and pulled me into another embrace. Sweet, goodness rushed into me like a tidal wave. Flames erupted through my body, and I loved it.

When I got home that night, I wrote in my journal. Just like every night. With no exceptions.

I will never forget what happened tonight. Two guys kidnapped me on my way to starbucks, took me into a car and then drove the car into a tree, I got away, I got picked up by an ambulance, my mom accepted that I love Cody, and now my life is normal again! Except for the fact that Cody and I are GETTING MARRIED IN TWO MONTHS!!!!! He popped the question when he was with me in my dorm. We're going searching for wedding bands tomorrow. My mom is gonna supply all the money that we don't have and need for them, my dress, his tux, everything!!! I can't believe it! I'm getting married to my love!!!! happy endings do exist!!!!!!!!! Until tomorrow, I leave to my bed. My normal, perfectly normal bed. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I'm out. =)


Meanwhile, Someone Perched On A Bench Outside Watched Her Every Move...

The author's comments:
I got a little off-topic while working on the climax, but i wrapped it up at the end. i still think it's very good.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 66 comments.


on Sep. 25 2012 at 2:01 pm
taylor_lucille GOLD, Knoxville, Tennessee
14 articles 2 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
If your a hammer, everything looks like a nail. If your a singer, everything looks like a song. -Steven Tyler

How old is she ?

on Sep. 3 2012 at 3:35 pm
Maiapapaya BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
4 articles 0 photos 14 comments
I think that this story had an intriguing plot, but I agree that it was a little too fast paced. If you have better structure and a better distinction between thoughts and what was happening, this could be a really interesting piece!

on Apr. 24 2012 at 9:07 am
_ella_herondale BRONZE, San Diego, California
4 articles 2 photos 222 comments

Favorite Quote:
"...If the Thames that ran beside them...recalled a night where the moon shone as brightly as a shilling on the same boy and girl... and thought to themselves, 'at last, the wheel comes full circle,' they kept their silence."

This is soooooooooooooooo good!! I read parts one and obviously now two, and I would LOVE to know if there's going to be a part three!! Awesome suspense and descriptiveness!! Good job, good job, good job!!!

bookcub1998 said...
on Mar. 11 2012 at 8:25 pm
bookcub1998, Boston, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

OMG! i absolutly love Forbidden Love (prt 1 and 2) when is 3 coming. I love the ending. you are such an awsome writer. i hope i get as good as u one day

 


ashley0118 said...
on Feb. 18 2012 at 5:03 pm
I love this story! I started reading it and couldn't stop. Can't wait to read more of your stories.

on Jan. 27 2012 at 8:20 pm
Iggy_Fang112 BRONZE, Daytona Beach, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

And

Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional

OMG!!!! PLEASE WRITE MORE SOON!!! IM ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!!!!

Hmmm said...
on Jan. 27 2012 at 5:57 pm
I hope this was meant to be satirical.

on Jan. 11 2012 at 1:30 pm
Goddess PLATINUM, Connellsville, Pennsylvania
27 articles 0 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

OMG!!! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!?!?!

on Jan. 5 2012 at 6:45 pm
hannaj15 SILVER, Kennerdell, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 12 comments
Ohmygoodness! I loved this so much! I read part 1 and 2 and they were perfect. My motto is that everything works out in the end.

fireswatter said...
on Dec. 17 2011 at 11:21 am
fireswatter, Denver, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

thats sweet!

on Dec. 15 2011 at 6:02 pm
DreamALittleDreamOfMe GOLD, Sea Cliff, New York
19 articles 11 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"HA!!!! wait, i don't get it...."

Hey, outsidehitter101, I suggest you re-read our comments. We're giving another writer advice, not saying it's bad. We are entitled to our opinion. We do not need to "Frickkkk offfff!" as you said, because we have as much of a right to write a comment on this sight as you do. We have put up work and been a member longer than you, which earned us the VIP that you see next to our names. We have given and received friendly advice, and it has helped. We are merely trying to make okeydokey aware of the things that could use improvement. You said it was a good story, so did we. We never said anything against the story. In fact, we praised it for it's plot. If you would please try to understand our frustration, thank you for your time and input.

Nikkisweet said...
on Dec. 14 2011 at 4:01 pm
Nikkisweet, New York City, New York
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
\"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you\'ll land among the stars\"

 

Its such a good story!!! i loved it! keep up the good work an keep writing! You have such great talent!!


on Dec. 14 2011 at 12:32 am
romancejunky1998 SILVER, Cornubia, Other
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments
Umm... excuss me they are as entitled to their opinion as you are. But you seem to have to put someone elses opinion down while sharing your own. Instead of calling them names you could have just said something like "lets agree to disagree" but no of course not

on Dec. 3 2011 at 6:41 pm
well, "hollergirl26" you know what i meant. and you guys are dumb for not getting the FREAKING STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idc if u have your own "opinion" so just frickkkk offfff!

on Nov. 26 2011 at 4:30 pm
singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts
16 articles 2 photos 158 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

Mm..I believe we are all entitled to our own opinions, therefore we are not "du,b", we are just sharing our personal thoughts :)

on Nov. 22 2011 at 2:28 pm
Jappyalldayeveryday, Detroit, Michigan
0 articles 0 photos 163 comments

Favorite Quote:
They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of an eye

I like the ending :)

on Nov. 22 2011 at 2:23 pm
you guys are du,b. this is a good story

on Sep. 17 2011 at 2:49 pm
fallenangel18k BRONZE, New Ipswich, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It takes your heart to love someone, But it takes your mind to know it's true." --- (ME)

oh my freakin god u need to finish this story like soon XD please lol

on Aug. 26 2011 at 8:00 pm
singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts
16 articles 2 photos 158 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

Agreed...the plot had a good thing going but it was predictable.. but good work!

writer015 GOLD said...
on Jul. 13 2011 at 9:57 am
writer015 GOLD, Howard, Ohio
11 articles 13 photos 112 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. " --Marianne Williamson

I agree. And I thought the whole plot was to fast, and I had trouble keeping up what was going on? I didn't understand the whole guys kidding naping her for no reason bit. And the random guy in the dorm. It doesnt make much sense. You have a great thing for a plot going, but it has a lot of holes and was way to rushed and there wasn't enough detail. Not to mention the people need more debt.
It could be really good if you added stuff to it.