Blue Sky part 3 | Teen Ink

Blue Sky part 3

By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts

“Eric I can’t move I hurt my ankle.” I said almost in tears. “Okay.” Eric thought fast and scooped me in his arms running. Suddenly I saw the wolf chasing us. “Eric look out!” I screamed. He looked behind him and the wolf lunged at us. I screamed; I just couldn‘t help it. He threw me to the ground so I was safe behind him. He grabbed a tree branch and just as quick as the wolf had lunged at us Eric stabbed it. The wolf was lying on the ground dead. I shielded my eyes. “That’s so awful.” I said tears overflowing my eyes. “It’s okay Sky.” he said. He spoke my name so beautifully I thought. He came over and helped me up. “It was either me or him so I picked him.” Eric said laughing a little. “Thanks for not picking me.” I said and he laughed a little louder with me. Eric pulled me into his arms. “Come on, I have a place near here. It won’t take long to get there.” he said.
“Okay.” I said a little scared and at the same time happy to be in his arms. I guess Jenna is right I am falling in love with him…..

We got to his place, it was nice. It was smack in the center of the woods. It was also made out of real logs. It was small and cozy like the cottage that Snowhite and the seven drawfs lived in. He opened the door and placed me carefully on the couch. “Hold on,” he said, “I know I have a first aid kit somewhere.” I could hear him looking around for it. “Ah here we go.” he said walking over with it. He sat next to me and I put my ankle on his lap. “Jeez that’s a lot of blood.” he said. He took off my Converse shoe and my sock. I rolled up my jeans for him. I was curios so I had to ask. “How bad is it?” I glanced at his face and from the look I saw there I could tell it was bad. “Um…..well I think you might need a couple stitches.” he said.

“Stitches!” I said surprised and worried. I had never had stitches before, I hope they don’t hurt. “I’m sorry.” he said and squeezed my knee in a kind gesture. “Here just let me clean you up.” he said “This might sting a little.” He was looking sorry for me. He put something on my ankle and I bit my lip trying not to screech out in pain. Eric held out his hand for me to hold and I took it, with no hesitation at all.

After that was over he looked at me and then down at his shoes “We need to get you to a hospital.” he told me.

“Hospital! What am I going to say to my parents?” I asked, anxious for him to have a good answer.

“I’ll drive you there.” he said.

“You have a car?” I asked.

“Well it’s actually my dad’s but I can use it too.” he replied.

“Okay then let’s go.” I told him. He came by my side, wrapped his arms around me, brought me to the car and carefully placed me in the passenger seat; then he started driving to the hospital.

“We’re here.” Eric told me when we pulled into the parking lot. He got out, opened my door and helped me into the hospital. The nurses who were working there got me a wheelchair, it was pretty embarrassing. Eric was by my side the whole time; even when the doctor walked in and stitched me up.

We were back in his car. It was 4:30pm it was also a little colder than it had been this morning. Eric turned up the heat noticing the goose bumps rising on my arms. I looked at him. He was handsome I thought and his name fit him perfectly. He turned to look at me. “Are you feeling better?” he asked.

“Yes much better.” I replied. He turned on the radio and “Already Gone” by Kelly Clarkson came on. The rest of the way back we were silent listening to KISS 108, my favorite radio station. He pulled into the driveway of his cabin. I carefully climbed out and turned around to walk back the way I came. He grabbed my wrist, twisted me around and kissed me. I couldn’t believe it and I definitely didn’t see it coming, did not see it coming at all. Before I stepped away he whispered in my ear. “Be careful.” I turned my back to him and I could feel myself blushing like crazy. I could still feel his eyes on my back. While walking through the trees and towards the river. It was getting dark out. I sat on a rock and watched the sun slowly go down behind some trees. I quickly realized that I should get home, and got up, walked along the river until I found some stepping stones, skipped on them and easily got across. I ran out of the trees down the dirt road toward my house. Running made me feel free, it made me feel important, like I was the only one in the world. I ran into my driveway and burst through the door. “Hello.” I managed to choke out while gasping for air. I grabbed a bottle of water and sat down at the table with my family. We ate dinner and then dessert together. I avoided mentioning the ten stitches in my ankle. They still stung a little but it was ok. I washed my plate and went to my room. When I got into bed my mom was standing in the doorway. “How was your walk?” she asked. I could see in her eyes she knew that I was hiding something. She knew me way too well. “Um…..it was good.” I said too tired to explain.

“Okay we’ll talk in the morning. I can see you had a good time.” she said, seeing right through me. She kissed me on the forehead, turned the lights off, and left the room. I fell asleep thinking about our kiss. (Eric’s and mine)

I would like to publish this piece once I write more and finally finish it!

ok thanks again

the-ampersand PLATINUM, Ogdensbury, New York
really nice, but might want to say instead of "I fell asleep thinking about our kiss. (Eric's and mine)" say something like "I fell asleep thinking about Eric's and my kiss." really really good! =.=

Hay.467 SILVER said...
Hay.467 SILVER, Hide-a-way, Texas

"a man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar" mark twain

This story is so AMAZING!! I love it!!!! :) PLEASE keep writing!!!

thanks i'm trying but i have so little time latley but I'll try and post it once i do

loul;ou123 said...
wow u shud make a 4th one u r such a gr8t writer

EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

OMG!!!!! THIS STORY IS SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!!! YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO BECOMING A GREAT AUTHOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Annaxoxo SILVER, Swampscott, Massachusetts
WOW jen!!! what can i say!!! I already know you are an amazing writer!!!! keep it up!!!!!!

THANKS SOO MUCH!! I DEFF. NEED THE SUPPORT TO KEEP GOING THANKS!

MM4ever PLATINUM, Owosso, Michigan
i loved it, you're amazing! =]