Breakup Advice | Teen Ink

Breakup Advice

After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

COMMENT AND WRITE YOUR OWN STORY BACK!

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Well, he is pretty handsome, and there are very few flaws to think about. He's one of those guys who is cute and simply childish. My school isn't that big, and it was over the summer and I was gone on vacation. And most of the boys at my school (99.99%) of them are immature and no one I would ever go out with. And right now, I feel so dejected that th thought of going out with anyone just kind of hurts, you know what I mean? And right now, I don't really know who I can trust.

EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

Haha!!! No, I just completely agree with what you wrote. It is great!

Ok! I will definitely check it out!!!!!

White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois

"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

This is the writer (aka Sam O.) and i'm here to tell you that i posted another discussion topic under romance ficton. It's called "Pardon?" If your interested, please, read it and write back your own opinions and story

White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois

First of all, bravo with the metaphor. It's very descriptive and slightly humorous. Well, secondly, you must live in a "humongo" city with a large school. I live in a town where your graduating class is only about 50 kids and the highschool itself holds about 200 (our lockers are wooden... Wooooden). But my point with that is, if somebody was to be cheating on somebody else, the whole town would know about it before the end of the night. It's such a small community things like that don't happen much to us. Now, i can be comepletely wrong and u may live in a town smaller than mine and this guy is the sneakiest i've ever seen in my life (i'd shake his hand for that, but not reguarding him cheating on you. I'd like throw down the gauntlets for that haha). ANYWAY, what i would do...hmmm...well, it depends on what your morals are, how easy it is to get into a good relationship for you, and how you think it will make you feel. Was this guy your Fabio? Long, flowing hair and chisled abs? Seemingly dropped down from heaven? (i use him as an example because his name is so damn funny) if that's the case, then finding another guy will be a little hard. But if he wasn't, then things get easier. First, put his flaws (for starters the cheating) to the front of your thought. Think about his issues and not the good times. That helps. ALOT. Then, look for someone who you can trust. Someone who definitely won't cheat on you. This strengthens your personal confidence that was just shredded to pieces after he cheated on you, right?
Well, since this is an insanely large paragraph, i might have missed something and not notice. If you have any other questions, or more specific questions (even better) just ask :)

White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois

No problem, any time. What's your story? haha

Thanks for the great advice!! I can completely be grateful of this.

IloveHim! said...
I'm sorry about ur breakup that wasn't right of him to cheat on u like that. I like the way u put it describing how it felt finding out

I recently broke up with my boyfriend...we were going out for a year. We broke over the summer, and when we got back to school, he was with another girl. He hadn't told me about her. It turns out he had been going out with her a month before we had even broke up. I see him now, and it's like I'm being dragged over a sea of rusty nails and it's raining lemon juice. I don't know if I can get over him. Everyone says I should. What should I do?

White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois

thanks for the comment, i'm glad i could help somebody! if you want to talk about anything, just ask, alright? :)

Brndi said...
i totally agree with this... i just had the worst break up ever.. we dated for 6 months then broke up and i waited a whole year for him just to find out he wasnt the same as before and now i am dating this new guy and he is perfect i am actually happy with him and have fun. so great advice!!! :]