The Best Concert Ever | Teen Ink

The Best Concert Ever

"Kevin, please don't go," I begged him.
"Katie, its only for three months," he said.
"But three months seem forever," I felt a tear run down my cheek.
He grabbed my hands. "When I get back, I promise I'll have a big surprise for you."
I nodded. "I love you Kevin."
"I loved you too Katie."
"Bye." We kissed then I watched as he hopped on the tour bus, the tour bus which he would be on for three whole months. Did I tell you? Kevin was in a band with his brothers, known as the Jonas Brothers. They had millions of girls throwing themselves at them each and every night. What if Kevin actually fell in love with one of them? I remember when we first met. It was at a concert of his. I was in the first row and when we locked eyes I knew from there it was love at first sight. What if he fell in love with someone else? Whatever. I watched as their tour bus pulled out from my driveway and headed down the street.

"Sweetie, just eat something," my mom said pushing a plate of food across the table to me.
"I'm not hungry," I said pushing it away. Actually I was but I couldn't eat. I was too depressed.
"You have to eat something. If you don't eat for three months then you'll die and you don't want Kevin to come back to you dead."
"I don't care." I stood up from the table and went to my room. I went over to my stereo and turned it on. Ughh. Guess who was playing? Them. Kevin and his brothers. I loved their music but I couldn't listen to it. It just made me more depressed hearing his voice. I shut it off, hopped into bed, and fell alseep staring at the picture of Kevin and me on my nightstand.

Three weeks passed. I was a complete mess without Kevin. I couldn't survive without him. The only thing that kept me going was his voice, everytime we talked on the phone each night. I went outside to check the mail. I came to the mailbox, opened it, and grabbed out the pile of mail. I went through it. I was surprised to see and envelope addressed to me. I opened it and saw a ticket. A tickets to the Jonas Brother concert tonight. Why would Kevin send me a ticket to one of his shows, especially a show that was out of town? There was a note attached to it. I read it. "Katie, I need to see you. It has been exactly three weeks and it seems like a year since I saw your face. Please come to our concert tonight, I have a big surprise for you. A limo will pick you up at one this afternoon to drive you here. Love Kevin." Oh my god. I looked at my watch 11:00. Only two hours to get ready. I quickly ran upstairs to my room to get ready.

I stood outside my house, waiting for the limo to arrive. I soon saw it come down the street. A man came out and opened the door. I hopped in. Millions of thoughts ran through my mind. What was the big surprise? Why couldn't it wait till he came back? Those were the questions I kept on thinking about. After hours of driving we arrived. There were a lot of people. I came out of the car and walked to the gate. I gave my ticket to the guy standing at the gate. He smiled at me. I made my way to the front row. Ten minutes till the concert would start. The lights soon dimmed and they came out on stage. Kevin locked eyes with me and he smiled.
"How's it going everyone?!" Joe screamed into his mic.
The girls screamed.
"Tonight my big bro, Kevin has something to say to some special lady." He handed the mic to Kevin.
"Katie, the three weeks that passed have seemed like a lifetime. I had to see you so I sent you a ticket to tonights show. And I have something to ask you." He held out his hand and helped me up onto the stage. He looked into my eyes. "I love you Katie. Will you..."
No. Was Kevin going to ask me what I was thinking.
"Will you marry me Katie?" he asked.
I started to cry. I didn't know what to say. I was only 19 and he was 21. We were a little too young to get married but I loved him. "Yes." I said softly.
Kevin leaned in and kissed me. The whole crowd started to scream. This was the best concert ever.

Why did I decide to write this short story? Well, writing has always been a passion of mine so I decided to write in. Featured in the story are the Jonas Brothers, since I love them.