Ouch. | Teen Ink

Ouch.

By ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado
ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado

"Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will."

The stars twinkled above them, and as they walked hand in hand down the middle of the street, he gazed at the beautiful girl walking next to him. He squeezed her hand, and they turned towards each other. They stood motionless for a matter of minutes, until he tilted his head and kissed her sweetly on the lips. They lingered there until slowly, carefully he pulled away. Her lips tingled and she placed a hand over her chest to calm her racing heart. He seemed to sense her excitement and began to stroke her cheek with his hand, sweeping her hair from her face, then kissed first her forehead, then the tip of her nose, and finally, her lips. This time the kiss was fearless and radiated passion. She began to run her hands through his hair as he grabbed her from behind and pulled her to him, as they shared in an embrace that rivaled all those of the chick flicks that she had always envied, but never imagined her life as one. Pulling away, she wrapped her arms around him and silently prayed that she would never have to let go. A tear slid slowly down her cheek, and he wiped it away and looked into the eyes of the girl that he loved and never wanted to hurt, and his heart ached at the sight of her tears. He tilted her chin towards him and told her that no matter what, he would never leave her, and that he loved her with his whole heart. A smile spread across her face, and at the sight of her smile his heart jumped, and he leaned in to kiss her again. He picked her up and carried her to a tree, where they laid in the grass and just as we went to kiss her, under the beauty of the starlit sky…….Renee woke up from the most beautiful, cruel dream she had ever had. If only that were all true, then she wouldn’t wake up each day with an ache in her heart that had flashbacks to memories of who they had been, and who she had believed they would be. But he was in the Air Force now, and they hadn’t even gotten to say goodbye. Every time she thought she had a found a guy that could teach her how to love again, she remembered him and everything that they used to have, and the new guy never seemed to measure up. He still had her heart, and she didn’t want to take it back. She wanted him, forever. She wanted to feel his lips against her, his hand in hers, and her arms around him. She would give anything to see him again, to run into his arms and kiss him with a passion she had found in missing him. But he was gone now, and she would have to move on. But she wasn’t ready, and it hurt like a boulder crushing her body slowly to the ground. Ouch.

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

Beautiful, true, and sad! Sometimes, you just can't let go. No matter how lost a cause it is. And that's what love is.