We Are | Teen Ink

We Are

By Diabetic_Wonder GOLD, Michigan Center, Michigan
Diabetic_Wonder GOLD, Michigan Center, Michigan

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams" ---- Dr. Seuss

I used to love the way you looked at me. I used to love the frayed end of your sweater sleeves. I used to love the feeling I’d get when your arms were around me. I used to love the smile on your face whenever you saw me. I used to love to breathe in your cigarettes scent. I used to love to hold your hand as we walked down the street. I used to love to kiss your soft lips. I used to love crying on your shoulder so you could comfort me and me smile. I used to love the feeling I got when you told me you loved me. I used to love talking on the phone with you at three in the morning. I used to love watching sports on TV with you. I used to love teasing you. I used to love stealing your clothes. I used to love running into your arms. I used to love the brightness in your eyes. I used to love the way you were always there for me when I needed you. I used to love being your girlfriend. But those days are no more. We are no more.

I just wanna say, i miss the person who was the inspiration of this article.

I love poetry too. And I'm the same, I write a lot of it, notebooks full. But i'm not a professional..far from it.

AmberAnn_d-_-b SILVER, Laconia, New Hampshire

"Don't sweat the small stuff, and its all small stuff."~CFC

Your welcome, I love poetry. I write alot of it, not that I am by any means a professional. I do understand that though.

thank you. i think it would be a good poem too, but at the time i could really figure out how to make it "into a poem"

I think this is a very good article. I love the way you had it transition throughout the story. It is very rythmical I think this would be a great poem.