The Field | Teen Ink

The Field

By julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California
julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California

a wise girl kisses but doesn't love. listens but does not belive.and leavvs before she is left.

~Marilyn Monroe

I had been waiting for 45 minuets for him to show up. I mean I loved him to death but he had a serious problem with showing up on time. I was just about ready to leave and go home when a pair of warm, muscular, tan arms grabbed me around the waist I knew those arms and those hands. I could see his face and how it would look when I turned around and kissed him. His big dark eyes that seemed to see into my soul, that perfect soft skin that I had touched and kissed so many times, and those lips, ohhhh how I loved his lips, his big dark red lips. He was my baby, my lover, he was my Kyle but most of all he was just mine! But I didn’t want to turn around because I knew if I did he would kiss me and I would forget everything, how mad I should be at him for being late yet again, how I was so lonely with out him, but most of all I didn’t want to forget the perfection of his face. But I turned around any way and as he leaned closer, wouldn’t you know, it was gone I couldn’t think of anything but the feel of his lips on mine and his strong hand on the small of my back. I wanted to stop and be mad at him for being late but I just couldn’t stop. He was my Life and my Love without him I was lost, like a snowflake in august, if only I didn’t love him but I simply loved him to much. Nothing could break us apart not the sharpest knife, or the strongest man, not the nastiest rumor or that skankiest s***. He was mine and I was his we belonged together.

So the next morning when he didn’t call me at seven to wake me up and tell me he loved me, or when he wasn’t there at eight to pick me up I got worried. I wasn’t used to being woken up by a Tiffany’s commercial, “Tiffany&Co., open till 10 P.M.” said the chirpy voice, as chirpy as it was I missed the deep voice of my love, I needed him. I thought maybe he just slept late but then at lunch when he wasn’t under the tree we ate at every day or in 5th period biology right after lunch I got really worried I went to the bathroom in between classes and called him, straight to voicemail……I was scared so I called his mom, Tina, when she answered she said that she thought he had stayed at my house the night before, like he had so many other times, I told her that he left around 9:30ish and that I hadn’t seen him since. I could hear the worry in Tina’s voice as she spoke, she had lost her husband and other son in a car accident 2 months before Kyle was born and had bean over protective and orderly with Kyle his whole life, until they met me and my laid back mother Tina took some tips from my mom and now me and Kyle were pretty much free to do whatever we wanted. Tina told me she would pick me up in fifteen minuets and that she would have my mom call the office on her way so I could go help look for him.
When Tina got there I jumped right in the car and we parked in the middle of town she said she would check the main part of town if I would check mine and his special spots, right away I knew what she was talking about, the field we had found between all those trees, the waterfall, the nook under the bridge at the river. And so many more. As I started walking I decided to go to the waterfall first just because it was closest. Once I got there I climbed all the way to the top with no sign of him so I took I short cut that led right to our secret field. Once I got their I heard a kind of crying as a walked towards I saw him with a light blue box in his hands tied with a white ribbon, I gasped, It was a Tiffany box. That explains why he left so early, 9:30, just enough time to get to Tiffany’s get what ever was in the box, and leave before they closed. But that still didn’t explain his tears or his disappearance. So I walked over to him he was sitting on the ground and when I asked him what was wrong he stood up looked at me and said that the necklace he got me wasn’t worthy of my beauty and he was afraid I wouldn’t like it and I would reject the necklace and him. I smiled and kissed him and said “I would never reject you”. So I bent over to grab the box and when I opened it I laid eyes on the most beautiful piece of jewelry I had ever seen. I looked at him and he said “isn’t it horrible?” I just laughed and said “you silly boy, it is not horrible and even if it was it’s the thought that counts right?” He looked at me and whispered “I guess” lifted up the necklace and placed it around my neck. I know I shout probably call Tina to let her know I had found him, but I couldn’t drop my gaze from his big gorgeous eyes. So I didn’t, I embraced him and looked into his soul for what could have been days then he leaned down and kissed me like we had never kissed before. My breath was caught up in my throut, and I could feel my heart beat faster, the butterflies in my stomach wouldn’t go away and my palms had sweat enough to fill the Great Lakes. So when we broke apart I looked into his eyes and knew this was going to be the start of something new and it was going to be better than the greatness we had before. I loved him and he loved me. All we needed was each other.

This is based on a dream I had right after i told my boyfriend I loved him and he told me he loved me.

julia.s SILVER said...
julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California

~Marilyn Monroe

also what you said about the heated moments gets much more heated in chapter 5!

julia.s SILVER said...
julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California

~Marilyn Monroe

thank you so much this is acctually the first chapter to a book i am writing and the next couple of chapters are currently "pending approval" but should be up soon thank you so much for reading be sure to read some of my other stuff.

SageSin GOLD said...
SageSin GOLD, Oaklawn, Illinois

"Accept everything about yourself. I mean everything. You are you, and that is the beginning and the end; No apologies, no regrets."

What a swee little descriptons Adn the tittle is so befitting! I adore this! its cute and playful with a lil hint of heated moments!  YOu HAVE ME EAGER FOR MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE! expect more comments

julia.s SILVER said...
julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California

~Marilyn Monroe

This is the first chapter to a book called Love & War the next couple of chapters should be up soon.

ckenzi said...

Thats awesome! Cant wait to read the rest! I don't really write stories very much...but it would be awesome if you checked out my website.

www.ckenzirenee.tk

julia.s SILVER said...
julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California

~Marilyn Monroe

Thank you so much it is actually the first chapter of a novel that i am writing the next three chapters are pending approvle but should be up soon thanks so much and check out my other storie especially friendship lost or anthing else that appeals to u 

ckenzi said...
This was amazing!!