Silent Vows | Teen Ink

Silent Vows

By starxoxo23 PLATINUM, New Hampshire, New Hampshire
starxoxo23 PLATINUM, New Hampshire, New Hampshire

"The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself."
- Alan Alda

The rain is pounding on the tent's delicate white plastic covering. Beneath the water and hail sliding and punching and melting he stands with a nervous slouch and an expression of utter uncertainty somewhere in the rough tanned lines of his skin. He tugs at the navy blue tie around his neck, uncomfortable. He tries to conceal the shivers that wrack his frozen shoulders.
The music starts, corny and beautiful and traditional all at once. He straightens up and swallows the bile in his sore throat. Just as the organ reaches a defining chord he sees her and his uncertainty dissolves into the air and the rain as if it never was. His heart is melting like ice in a puddle of fresh rainwater, like chocolate in a child's warm fist, like the frozen dead grass of winter beginning to thaw in spring.
The wrinkles in the corners of her stunning topaz eyes are creases of joy. He breaks into a slight smile, a smile for her, to shelter and protect her. Only she knows, but he is making a wordless promise. His smile is not a smile - it is a vow to love her forever.
To love her for the immutable awe she feels when she is in nature experiencing its wonders. To love her for the whimper of pain that escapes her lips when she witnesses something, anything, being destroyed. To love her for the light that shines in her eyes when she is holding his hand.

passion.fable14 SILVER, Fort Collins, Colorado

"Life is like a cup of coffee. You gotta...dive right in and drink it fast before it cools. Because coffee sucks when its cool. And it tastes like crap. Do you want your life to taste like crap Sam? I don't. That's why i don't drink coffee."
~~Carlt

:) Love your style of writing it's brilliant!

- Alan Alda

thanks so much!!! im glad you liked it (:

~~Carlt

Wow that was fantastic!!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!! Really, that was the best. :)