Heartbreak Highway | Teen Ink

Heartbreak Highway

By Amanda24 DIAMOND, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Amanda24 DIAMOND, Lynnfield, Massachusetts

" Move on. It's just a chapter in the past. But dont close the book, just turn the page.

I see you sitting there across the room acting so innocent, like you have no idea. When my eyes finally meet yours I see the guilt in your eyes and you see the hatred in mine. “I thought we were supposed to be together forever, is forever to long for you” I question in a sharp voice. I’m trying my hardest to contain my anger and my sadness before I explode. “I’m sorry, I met someone else Lila” I can tell he is uncomfortable, by the way he slips his long fingers in his jean pockets. He won’t make any contact with me because he doesn’t want me to see the lies in his eyes, he doesn’t know you can hear the lies in his voice. “Someone meaning my best friend. You have just destroyed my heart, you have also destroyed my friendship, so I hope you can live with yourself and you can go gloat to all your friends. Because that’s what babies do and you are one!” I shouted on the top of my lungs. Tension spreading in the air, anger rises from my feet up. “I’m sorry, I have said I’m sorry what else can I say” Jayden has always been the patience type but now I can hear the aggravation rumbling in his throat waiting to be erupted. “I don’t want anything else. I’m through with you. I don’t care about you anymore nor will I ever. You live your life and I will live mine. So have a good life.” I stormed away leaving Jayden expressionless. It’s time to move and be done with this, I can’t cry over someone who doesn’t deserves my tears. And when all is said and done I will come out as the bigger and stronger person and I will move on and find someone who deserves me, for me.