He Loves Me ~ He Loves Me Not | Teen Ink

He Loves Me ~ He Loves Me Not

By Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas
Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas

"You might not like me, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!"
"L.O.V.E's just another word I'll never learn to pronounce...."

The next day, the morning went by really fast. Wake up. Get ready. Go to school. That was it. Nothing exciting. Just boredom. So I was actually eager to go to school. I know. Eager to go to school? Yeah, crazy. But I was. Surprise, surprise, nothing interesting happened on my walk to school! It was a little too peaceful for me…

Once I got to school, I looked around for Aleah since the first bell hadn’t ringed yet. She was sitting over on a bench under one of the large, thick trees with Erik and Kade. Once she saw me, she smiled and motioned for me to come over and sit. I did.

“Hey, girl, hey!” Aleah put on a fake ghetto accent as she spoke.

“Hey.” I mumbled.

Her face got all serious. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” One word, Damien. I was soooo mad at him, I just… URG!!

She looked at me with the I’m-not-stupid-tell-me-now face. I cracked.

“Okay, it’s stupid Damien.”

Kade put his hand on my shoulder. “You don’t need him.” He paused. “What’d he do?”

Gossip. Gossip. Gossip. Jeez.

I told them what happened the day before with the pie after Erik left.

Aleah looked shocked; her eyes grew wide and her mouth practically dropped to the floor.

Kade mirrored her. “Are you serious?” He asked. “He threw pie in your face?”

I nodded.

“Ooh girl it is soooo revenge time!” After recovering from her little shock-attack, Aleah began to look wishful.

“What’s with the look, Lee?” Hee-hee! I love nick-names!

She just gazed off into space looking like she was thinking intently. Kade snapped his fingers in front of her face to try to bring her back to Earth. Slowly, her face changed from thinking to mischievous.

“What?” Kade and I asked at the same time. I have to tell you, I was a little scared. Who knew what this girl was capable of!?

“I have such a good plan!” She smiled and motioned for us to listen to her little secret.

“So what do you guys think?” Aleah finished telling us her devious plan.

“I think it’ll work!” Looking a bit impressed, Kade nodded his head.

“Yeah.” I can’t believe someone as innocent as Aleah would come up with something so… crazy. “Just thinking about it makes me almost feel bad for the guy.”

That earned me some what-the-heck-are-you-serious looks. “I said almost!”

Aleah laughed and Kade just shook his head with a smile. “Okay,” Aleah began. “So we’re going to need a video camera or two, maybe a voice recorder, a USB cord, duh, and… duct tape!”

“Why duct tape?” See, she sounded all smart and stuff then she has to mention duct tape. I mean, really?

Aleah looked hurt, but I could tell she was faking it. “What do you have against duct tape?”

“Nothing!” I laughed.

Kade jumped into the conversation. “Where are we going to do this? When are we meeting? What kind of cameras do we need? And who’s bringing the food?”

Aleah and I both rose one of our eyebrows. Kade just shrugged and mumbled something about always being hungry.

The first bell rang and I went off to first period. I walked in before the bell rang but most people were already in the classroom, including Josh and Blondie. They were talking, probably about the girl they hooked up with last night, but when I walked past, they grew silent.

“So did you decide to order off the kid’s menu, Blondie, or is that even too pricey for ya?” I asked stopping at his desk.

“Ha-ha! Very funny!” He sneered. “And my name’s Brandon, thank you very much!”

“Like I actually care!?!”

He just rolled his eyes and started to talk to Josh again. I continued towards my desk and took a seat.

The rest of the day was completely uneventful. In my second period, Damien kept glancing over at me and through my peripheral-vision, I could tell he was nervous. He wasn’t sure if I was going to do something or not.

But I wasn’t.

At least, not until Friday night. The night of Bethany Knox’s party. Which, of course, Damien would be attending! I made sure that every single one of the I’ll-do-whatever-for-guys-attention-girls were coming! Obviously, I would have my camera incase a little something-something goes on with Damien and some girl so that I can video it and take some pictures. Naturally, I’ll post them all over the internet and make flyers to give to everyone!

But it was only Tuesday.

Ugh!

The week went by soooo slowly. Damien continued to become more anxious and nervous; he knew I was going to get pay-back, but when was the question! Friday rolled around and Aleah and I were at my house getting ready for the party.

“Hey, Emma?” Aleah came up behind were I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror with two different eye-shadow cases in her hand.

“’Sup?”

“Black smoky eye or grey smoky eye?” Does it really matter? Black or grey? Grey or black? Coke or Pepsi?

“Um… Go with grey just because black is just too much on your skin?” I turned the comment into a question and Aleah just smiled as she rolled her eyes.

“Thanks, you’re a real help.” Sarcasm dripped in her voice.

“I was being serious!” I sighed and continued to apply my thin black eyeliner to my bottom eye. Once I was finished with my really cool metallic-grey eye-shadow and of course mascara. My hair was naturally straight so I just left it as it was and went to my room to change.

“Here’s your outfit, Em.” Aleah tossed me a grey off-the-shoulder shirt and some black skinny jeans.

“Shoes?”

“Silvery-grey pump thingies by the front door.” She stated as she stripped out of her clothes and into her grey and black tunic-thing and black leggings with flats to match.

I muttered a “thanks” and got changed just in time for the door-bell to ring.

“What the heck?” I looked at Aleah with a questioning look. “Did you call someone?”

“Uh… no.” She stated. I knew she wasn’t lying. “Who could it be?”

A horrible thought came to me! “Oh em gee it better not be,” I whispered his name, “Damien.”

Aleah’s eyes grew wide and she motioned towards the door. “Go find out.”

“No! You!” I whisper/yelled.

Knock. Knock… KNOCK!!!

“Your house. Your door. Your guest. You’re opening the door.” She pushed me toward the door and backed away.

I hesitantly placed my hand on the door knob and…

DING DONG!

“Holy crap!” Freaking made me jump a mile! Jeeze, impatient much?!?!

With some struggle, I finally got the door open to reveal the devil himself.

Lonleydandy said...
I like it :D. You should finish it up!