Miss Marie Rose | Teen Ink

Miss Marie Rose

November 10, 2010
By Amanda24 DIAMOND, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Amanda24 DIAMOND, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
81 articles 14 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Move on. It's just a chapter in the past. But dont close the book, just turn the page.


There once was a girl who lived the life of an orphan. Just telling the humble tale of the young girl’s life will chills to your bones and bring staggering pain to your hearts. It all started when she was seven years old, she was practically a baby, when her father and mother were murdered by mysterious men dressed in all black with a snake symbol on their masks. The young girl had been visiting her grandmother when the news spread by a villager who had been passing through and found their bodies. The young girl flew out of her grandmothers arms, her long brown hair blowing in the cool midnight breeze, she saw her parents lying there helpless and cold. She knew deep inside she must stay strong. She chanted to herself “don’t cry”, and she darted into the woods where she found a young boy sleeping on the ground. By this time the young girl’s face was pooling tears of loneliness. The boy seemed so magical, like a porcelain doll, his long lashes went smoothly with his soft face, his full lips puckered into a smile, his nose was as cute as a button, and even in his sleep he looked lost. The young girl fell to her knees beside him; she gingerly placed a hand on his shoulder and awoke him from his sleep. “Who are you?” the boy said while he yawned. “I’m Marie Rose, I’m alone with no one to away the pain.” The girl sniffled. “Well I’m Spencer Roth; I’ve been alone since I was six with no one to take away my sorrows.” The boy’s bright green eyes flashed in the moonlight. “You don’t have to be alone Spencer.” The little girl placed her hand on the little boy’s hand. “You don’t have to be alone either Miss Marie Rose.” The little boy held the girl’s hand, and in that very moment they knew their lives were intertwined for a reason. Eight years later the once little girl grew into a beautiful young woman, and the once little boy grew into a handsome young man. They were best friends. They were inseparable. If one was sad the other was sad, and that’s how their relationship went. The boy only wanted to say what he felt for her. They loved each other more than life itself but neither of them told. One day Marie Rose went to visit her parent’s grave when a man in all black with a snake symbol on his mask came out of nowhere. Marie Rose screamed as loud as she could. This couldn’t be the end for her. She had to live. The man came closer and closer until he got a hold of her throat. The girl gasped for air and coughed until he let go. As she fell to the ground, she hit her head against a rock which created a gash in her head. Her life ceased as she let the darkness overtake her and take her deeply in. The boy had come running because he heard the screams, but it was too late. She was gone. He stared in disbelief at the corpse of the girl he had loved but never told. Now it’s too late. The boy knelt down on his knees and gingerly grabbed the girls hand and whispered in her ear “You will never be alone Miss Marie Rose”.