The Summer That Changed Everything (pt.5) | Teen Ink

The Summer That Changed Everything (pt.5)

By Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana

He turned his head and smiled. My heart went wild. That smile was for me. I sat down on a rock next to him. I looked at him staring off at the trees on the other side of the river. His profile was definitely one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Wait, were those snake bites on his lip? When did that happen? I knew they hadn’t been there yesterday.
“I thought you weren’t going to show up.” He whispered.
“Did you just get your lip pierced?” I asked, ignoring his statement.
“No. I just didn’t have them in yesterday.” He answered, and then laughed.
“What’s so funny?” I wondered out loud.
“The randomness of your question.” He laughed some more.

I stuck my tongue out at him and then laughed too. After the laughter had died down we talked about things. I felt like the night would never end if I just kept telling him stuff. We shared secrets, stories, and wishes. It was like he was the one person I could tell everything to without having to worry about judgment.
“I can sing, and play guitar.” He said.
“I can sing, but my guitar skills are pathetic.” I replied.
“It’s hot out here.” He informed me, and then took off his shirt.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“Going for a swim.” H smiled.
“Are you on crack?” I laughed.
“No. I’m hot, and I want to go swimming. There is a river right there, and I’m going to jump in. You can too if you want.” He said.

I thought about it for a moment. It was hot, he was right about that. He took off his shoes and socks. Then he removed his pants to reveal his blue plaid boxers. Maybe I could go for a swim. It’s not like I’d die. He stood on the rock in his boxers and looked at me. His ocean blue eyes shone in the moonlight. I knew then that if he asked me I wouldn’t be able to say no.
“You only get to live once. Come on.” He smiled.

So I stood up and took of my shirt, then my shoes and socks, and lastly my pants. I felt naked in my underwear and a tank top, but I forgot about that when we got into the water. We swam, laughed, and splashed each other. I had never felt more alive. His hair was soaking wet from going under water and grabbing my legs. It was so innocent.

We got out of the water and laid down on the dock. Could this night get any more amazing? I smiled up at the sky, thinking about the question that Ben had asked me yesterday. If there was a God then he must be amazing for giving me a night like this.
“Thanks.” I whispered.
“For what?” Ben asked.
“Making me feel alive. I’ve been kind of dead for awhile.” I admitted.

We looked at each other for a few moments. Would he kiss me? Did I want him to? Yes.
“Your welcome.” He sighed and got up.
“Where are you going?” I asked.
“I’m going to get my clothes and go home.” He told me.
“Why?” I didn’t want him to go.
“Because I wait until the third date before I kiss someone. This is only our first and I’m already dying to kiss you.” He confessed.

He got dressed and came back with my clothes in hand. He gave them to me and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes, silently wishing that it was the third date. He said good night and walked into the darkness.

What's there to say?

Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
well part six is up for those of you who wanted to keep reading :)

Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
Thanks! It should be comming out verry soon, and I'm starting on part 7 as we speak :D I really apreciate the feedback.

softballfreak42 GOLD, Holmdel, New Jersey

-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-A love story gone wrong. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a love story.
-Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
-When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

HURRY!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!

I love this! I can't wait until part six comes out! please keep writing :)