Creative Writing Assignment #4 | Teen Ink

Creative Writing Assignment #4

January 16, 2009
By xopuppyluv SILVER, North Bay Village, Florida
xopuppyluv SILVER, North Bay Village, Florida
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“I wrote something about you the other day,” I said trying to sound as casual as possible. I regretted the words as soon as they left my lips. Ever since I told him that I was aspiring to be a writer he had been begging me to some him something, anything that I had written. And until right this very moment, my shyness had always gotten the best of me and I would promise to show him something another time. Though this story I felt that I should have him read, not only because it was about him, but it was something I would really like him to know, whether in was written as one of my stories or spoken in one of our many conversations.
“Really,” He asked surprised by what I had said. “Am I allowed to read it?”
I smile as I pulled a folded piece of paper out of pocket and handed it to him.
“It was an assignment for English class. We had to describe someone we were close to and I chose you.”
He opened the paper and read the words it took me hours to string together:

“He hides his emotions through humor. Even if his soul is bleeding and crushed he will always be trying to make the people around him laugh. He has the most beautiful smile I have ever laid my eyes upon, a smile that could make even your darkest day full of light. His eyes are of a crystal blue and when you look into them you can see the soul of one of the most amazing people you’ll ever meet. His voice is the sweetest melody I’ve ever heard and it’s the song that puts me to sleep every night. He knows when something’s bugging you and is always there to listen and help you, even if it means sacrificing his own happiness. He hates seeing people sad and will go out of his way to make sure that you’re wearing the biggest smile possible on your face. He is one of the sweetest, most caring, lovable people you will ever encounter in your life and someone you would want to keep it in. Whether you’re your watching him jump for joy after hearing one of his movies got good reviews from his friends, or cramming in some last minute notes for class because he was at a concert the night before and forgot to study, or even just getting a hug from him when you need in the most (he gives the BEST hugs too be the way) you’ll always love him and never wanted to leave him. He’ll be the best thing to happen to you and you’ll find difficult to think about your life without him.”


I could tell he finished reading it when a spotted a huge smile spread across his face and he looked over at me. “Thank you,” he said, hugging me until I could barely breathe.
“You’re very welcome,” I replied once he let go.
“Now to read the rest of your stories…”
“Ahh don’t think so.”