That Funny Feeling Called "Love" | Teen Ink

That Funny Feeling Called "Love"

January 24, 2012
By Mary-Bo-Peep BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
Mary-Bo-Peep BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do your best, and focus"!


Many people say that love is the most life-changing experiences in their lives; I have yet to feel that funny feeling inside of me, or to see the "one" that I will be destined for. I dream about it, though. I dream of finding the perfect guy, or of falling in love and living "happily ever after". Is it true that happily ever after does really do exist? I ask myself this question every day, and I think I will until I get to experience this funny feeling or this happily ever after for myself. What I didn't realize, though, was that I wouldn't be asking myself this question much longer...

"ELIZABETH! ELIZABETH! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"
I get the glorious honor to wake up to this wretched noise, which is called my mother's voice, every single morning; for the past 16 years. Never once was I able to sleep in for a minute, but I still pleaded and prayed for this nightmare to go away; it never did. So I got up and got ready in the next hour and a half. I danced down the stairs, since it was my first day back to school, and I was over-joyed to see my friends' beautiful faces. My mother had my breakfast ready, as always, hot and looking delicious. For some unknown reason after I got done eating, I felt this funny feeling inside of me. Whenever I got in the car and ready to go,; I got this overwhelming feeling of nervousness. I didn’t know what this meant or what it was, but I got this feeling I was about to find out soon.

Once I finally got to school, all of my old friends barricaded me with warm hugs and glowing smiles. I was overjoyed to see all my friends! I know I had so much to tell them, and they were dying to tell me about their summers, also. One in particular friend I was dying to talk to though, and her name was Amber.
"Elizabeth! Oh my god I have missed you so much!"
I laughed at her antics, and gave her a huge hug, like we haven't seen each other in years.
"Amber I have missed you too! I have so much to tell you about my summer, that it's not even funny!"
"Oh my goodness girl, I have to tell you so much too! We should just hang out after school. Want to go to the mall, after school?"
"Definitely!"
We walked the halls not even paying any attention to other people around us, who were saying hi, or waving. All of a sudden our conversation stops immediately. I lift up my eyes to see one of the most gorgeous male specimens I have ever seen.
"Who in the world is that?" I say to Amber with my mouth wide open and my eyes wide as can be.
"Huh? Oh, that's the new guy, Ardan, he is in our grade. He came here from Ireland last year, and now he lives here with his dad. His parents are divorced, and apparently his dad needed a change and was so heartbroken."
"Wow, you got this in the twenty minutes before I came to school?"
"Yes, because I am such a good friend! I would take him for myself, but Robby and I are together now. So I don't see that going anywhere, but you on the other hand...have an amazing chance," Amber says with a sly smile on her face.
"Yeah, um...you're crazy!"
"Call me crazy, but I think he is staring at you."
I turn around to where her shinning eyes were directed, and sure enough this glorious, beautiful, male human being, with big green eyes, and brunet hair was staring straight at me. I looked down quickly, blushing blood red. Who was this guy, and what in the world is going on with me today? I think to myself. Wow, this guy, this being, or whatever he is, is amazing. He is tall, pale, beautifully sculpted male human being that I just had to talk to...

The day went by in a blur. I didn't even truly learn anything; all I kept thinking about were those emerald green eyes. The bell for the next hour interrupted my daydreaming, and then I was off to my last class, thank god! I walked into my class, and stopped in my tracks, because there he was sitting there with green eyes and all. I sat down quickly, but I knew it wouldn't be long because every class we had assigned seats. I prayed to god that I would get to sit next to him.
"Elizabeth Parker,"
"Yes," I say with a pleading heart.
"You're sitting next to Mr. Coates."
Thank you Jesus! I looked down at my stuff and walked to my seat, afraid of blushing again. When I sat down we said nothing, but as the class went on you wouldn't have been able to shut us up. We even got into trouble...a lot. I found out so much about him in that time. I found out what happened between his father and mother, why he chose to come with his father, and many more things. I barely heard him, though. All I really paid attention to were his beautiful green eyes. It was like they were never-ending, and you could just get lost in them forever. Oh, and his voice! His voice I could listen to all day, if I could. You almost get as lost as you do in his eyes when you hear him talk. I wish you could. I know right away you and every other girl that is reading this would fall for him.



























"Elizabeth? I was...um wondering if...maybe...you wanted to hang out after school today or tomorrow...possibly?"




















Whoa, did I hear him right? I swear right then my heart skipped a beat.




"Yeah...I would really like that," I say almost forgetting to respond.
How did this happen? Could this lovely creature really like me? It was then I realized I could answer my own question Yes, there is such a thing as happy endings, and though my story with Ardan may still be writing itself, we can still make our own happy ending. Then I knew I could tell people that I, Elizabeth Parker, have experienced that funny feeling called...: Love"!


The author's comments:
This article is about a girl who falls in love with a guy that is perfect. How hard will she fall? Keep reading and find out.