Safe & Sound | Teen Ink

Safe & Sound

October 7, 2012
By Logan_Elizabeth28 BRONZE, Willard, Ohio
Logan_Elizabeth28 BRONZE, Willard, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
Just Promise Me You'll Think Of Me Everytime You Look Up In The Sky And See A Star
-Eminem
"You're The Beautiful One, It's Society That's Ugly"
-Marilyn Monroe
"Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock!"
-The Big Bang Theory


When I came to Davenport, I knew the first moment I walked into the school, all Hell would break loose. Boy was I right about that. As soon as I walked in, I wanted to go home. They stared at me with evil eyes. Among the whispering and the evil glares, I knew I shouldn’t have left Ohio. As I walked into homeroom, the teacher told me to pick a seat. The class put their books on the chairs around them so I wouldn’t sit next to them. I found an empty seat next to this black haired boy, so I sat down. He looked at me, smiled, and asked for my name. I replied to him, and did the same thing; he said his name was Wes Montgomery. He told me to come to this party at this Kyle guy’s house, so I did. That’s when I got to know him. He told he has lived in Davenport since birth. He also told me that he had a brother and a sister that died in a car accident 2 years ago. I told him that I was from Ohio, and that I had no friends. I wasn’t lying to him. I had no friends whatsoever. After that party, we hung out every other day. One day, he took me to this place where he used to hide when he was a little kid. When we arrived, I knew it was a remote location instantly. There was a field with what looked like grain and a water tower. I loved the feel of it. It was so peaceful and quiet. When we climbed to the top of the water tower, I felt the happiest I have been in a while. Not only was I away from all the drama, but I was there with the only friend I had made. Wes had asked me why I loved it there. I replied to him and smiled. He laughed and smiled back at me. That was when I knew that I liked Wes. I scooted over next to him and put my head on his shoulder, knowing that he wouldn’t care. I felt safe around him for some reason. But then, BAM! He kisses me. I felt like the world was spinning, I felt a warm feeling move from my head down to my toes. So when we parted, I felt like this was wrong. We had only known each other for 2 weeks and we had already kissed. I looked at him, whispered sorry, and climbed down the water tower. When I touched the ground, I felt like he would follow me, but I think he knew to leave me be. From that day on, I kept my distance. I didn’t speak to him, I didn’t go near him. But no matter how hard I tried to ignore him, my feelings for him increased. If somebody around me said something about him, or even mentioned his name, I couldn’t hold back a smile even if I tried. When I was a little girl, I had myself convinced that ‘Prince Charming’ was a lie. I told myself “If it’s this hard to find friends, it’s going to be even harder to find a Prince Charming.” When I looked at what happened to me those past 2 weeks, I knew, for the first time in my life, that Wes Nathaniel Montgomery was the one for me. I asked my Aunt what love felt like and she just smiled and told me it was different for everyone. When she told me that, I texted Wes and told him to meet me at the hideout. I waited for a reply, but knew I wasn’t going to get one, so I went and waited for him to show up. I sat in the field for almost 3 hours waiting for him. Just when I lost all hope, he appeared. I stood up and walked towards him. He told me he was way out of line and that was he sorry. I placed my finger to his lips to shut him up. Then, I kissed him. When we parted, he smiled at me and said “I guess you forgive me?” I smiled back at him as we sat in the field. He pulled close to him and kissed my forehead as the sun went down. That’s when I knew it was the best night of my entire life.


The author's comments:
A Piece From My Upcoming Novel Safe & Sound. When I Finish It, I Guarantee You'll Cry. I Hope.