My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

By elizabeth martin BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
elizabeth martin BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina

My Life

Have you ever had a best friend, who meant the world to you? Well I lost mine about a year and a half ago. Cathy Smith and I met in 6th grade. We did everything together. We went to the movies and seen the Justin bieber movie. Cathy was in love with him and she knew she was going to marry him. Back in 6th grade I had more friends than Cathy and when I would hang out with her my other friends would ask “why are you talking to this loser” and I would feel so bad for her.

The year went on and 7th grade started I was one of the popular people kinda. I had a whole new group of friends and so did Cathy. Her group of friends were more of the not so popular group but they liked it that way. 7th grade year was one of my best years, I had a lot of friends, a boyfriend ,and I had Cathy. My boyfriend was one of Cathy’s friends Tyler . Tyler and I Dated for about two months and we took a break. Cathy really liked him and asked me if it was ok I she dated him. “ Are you sure your ok with this” Cathy asked me at school one day. “ Yes I am sure, ya’ll would be so cute together’ I told her. So Max and Cathy ended up dating for almost a year. Untill Tyler Cheated on Cathy with a girl at a football game.

In 8th grade, Cathy still had the same group of friends and so did I. I sat at a different lunch table from her, but before I sat down everyday I went to talk to all of them. I mean we were all friends, some liked me more than others. There was this one guy who sat at Cathy’s table. His name was Tom. We had 4th block together that year and we started hanging out with each other and talking. At the time, he was really sweet and kind. We were talking one night and he randomly asked me out. I was shocked and happy. We dated for about 2 weeks when things started getting really bad. Tom had a really bad temper that I didn’t know about. So one night we were fighting for some stupid reason and he is cussing, screaming, and saying this meanest words. I cryed and he asked like he didn’t care. The next day, he came to school asked like nothing happen. I was still really upset and he came to tell me “ WILL YOU SHUT UP WITH YOUR CRYING AND I DON’T CARE IF I HURT YOU OR NOT” he screamed in front of everyone. I was so heart-broken. It was like he pulled my heart out and stomped on it. Cathy told me the next day that she was mad at me. “Elizabeth, I am so mad at you because you knew I liked tom but you went out with him anyway.” “Why would you want to go out with somebody like him, did you not see what he did to me yesterday.” Cathy said “Well no but I just want to be happy for once.”

At the end of 8th grade, Cathy and I are still friends. Cathy had a boyfriend named Jason and I was single and alone. I was heading down to the beach with my other friend Sally. We went to my grandparents house for a week. That was a very stange and terriable week. I was so excited for this trip. I really just needed to get away from all the drama. Anyway, Cathy and Jason seemed happy from what Cathy told me, but what Jason told me he was very unhappy. Jason and I texted a lot and Cathy knew that.
Jason said that they haven’t texted or talked in five days. I mean who does that to there boyfriend. He said he was going to break up with her that day.

Later that night, I got a phone call like 1 in the morning. Cathy was crying her eyes out. I asked her “ Whats wrong?”. She said “ Jason broke with me” she said sobbing. “ Did he say why?” “He said he was in love with someone else”. As soon as she said that I got a message on my phone, I looked and it said from Jason.
I opened the message and its said Elizabeth, I think I might love you. Will you please go out with me? I dropped my phone and started crying myself. I had just ruined my best friend’s relationship. She was screaming on the phone asking me what happen and I didn’t know what to say. She was going to be more heart broken than she already was. I feel horrible this week of fun just turned into a week of heart break.

It has been two months now, I still haven’t talked to Jason about the whole I think I might love you thing and Cathy was stating to get back to here feet. She seemed happy again and she has met a new guy. Jason calls and text me everyday I just don’t know what to say. Do I love him or not . I mean of coruse I love him he is one of my best friends. What if it messes up our friendship? What if it is never the same? Do I want more?