Christy Millers | Teen Ink

Christy Millers

By sarithcano15 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
sarithcano15 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

A Time to Cherish

Robin Jones Gunn, the author, wrote a book called A Time to Cherish; with its first publication of 1995. "This is a time for Katie to make some major choices, and this is a time for you to stick close to her ... this is a time to cherish." This quote relates to the theme in that it demonstrates how no matter how hard something can get between two people or more, the best thing to do is to hold on to them and to cherish them.

This story is about a young aesthetic teenage girl named Christy Millers that realizes how she and her friend Katie have been getting some male attention. The problem is that her friend Katie was in a relationship with a guy that was departing their friendship little by little and also departing Katie's relationship with God. So Todd, Christy's boyfriend, tells Christy that Katie needs her love in this moment the most even though it looks like their friendship is on the verge to break.

My favorite character is Todd because he is always talking about God in an inspiring way. He also is very sage when it comes to the point of giving advice his girlfriend. One can see this because he says to Christy, "if anger is the fluid love bleeds when you cut it, there must be something opposite that comes out of love when you nurture it." When Christy was going through all the hard situations, Todd gave Christy an example of holding on to their loved ones by being faithful to them and loving them.

I loved this book because when I was reading this book, I had to stop and think about what the characters said and relate it to my life. I would recommend this book to those who love reading romantic christian books. This book gets into reality of where many teens are at in their relationships either with their friends or girlfriend/boyfriend.