Happening so soon... | Teen Ink

Happening so soon...

I just wanted to be with him as long as I possibly can. I just want to tell him how I feel about him before I move away.

I am a 14 year old girl who can't say the words out of my mouth. My name is Jaclyn and for the person who I like is Matthew. We have been best friends ever since the 5th grade and are still friends today. Right now I am almost graduating the 8th grade with my closest friends; Gabby, Emerald, Margarie, Alyssa, Matthew, and Desi. (Some of us met in the 6th grade.

One day sometime in the mid-to-end of the school year, my friends and I wanted to play a game of Truth or Dare. We all decided to play it during P.E. I asked one of my friends named Brenda and she gave me the most embarrassing dare I have ever gotten. To kiss the person who I liked on the lips! I was so embarrassed, so did Matthew. (Good thing we were outside at the field.) Matthew and I went as far away as possible from the others. When nobody was looking, we just did it.

Afterwards, Matthew told me something that I was shocked about, never knew it was coming. He told me that he liked me! All I knew after that I burst to tears. Matthew was wondering why I was crying. I didn't say anything and just ran away.

All my friends did't know I had a secret, a secret that I never wanted to happen.

The next day, I told Matthew what was happening. I told him not to tell ANYBODY, not even my closest friends. I told him I'm moving away. Matthew didn't say a word, and just walked away.

When I walked back home, I begged my parents not to move. They said no. Then I just gave up and told them I liked someone. They were shocked, they decided to stay here until I start the 9th grade.

I was happy about it. Once I ran up to my room, I called Matthew. I told him what was going on now. He didn't say a word and just hung up. A few minutes later, he called me back and asked me out. I immediately said yes!

The worst thing is that it was happening so soon. I want to stay with my friends until I graduate high school, but I couldn't.

AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

This is very good  romance  article but the thing I was  hoping  for was action  when you told mattews about you moving away but other than that I LOVE IT:) :) :)