Happening so soon... | Teen Ink

Happening so soon...

May 28, 2014
By Anonymous

I just wanted to be with him as long as I possibly can. I just want to tell him how I feel about him before I move away.

I am a 14 year old girl who can't say the words out of my mouth. My name is Jaclyn and for the person who I like is Matthew. We have been best friends ever since the 5th grade and are still friends today. Right now I am almost graduating the 8th grade with my closest friends; Gabby, Emerald, Margarie, Alyssa, Matthew, and Desi. (Some of us met in the 6th grade.

One day sometime in the mid-to-end of the school year, my friends and I wanted to play a game of Truth or Dare. We all decided to play it during P.E. I asked one of my friends named Brenda and she gave me the most embarrassing dare I have ever gotten. To kiss the person who I liked on the lips! I was so embarrassed, so did Matthew. (Good thing we were outside at the field.) Matthew and I went as far away as possible from the others. When nobody was looking, we just did it.

Afterwards, Matthew told me something that I was shocked about, never knew it was coming. He told me that he liked me! All I knew after that I burst to tears. Matthew was wondering why I was crying. I didn't say anything and just ran away.

All my friends did't know I had a secret, a secret that I never wanted to happen.

The next day, I told Matthew what was happening. I told him not to tell ANYBODY, not even my closest friends. I told him I'm moving away. Matthew didn't say a word, and just walked away.

When I walked back home, I begged my parents not to move. They said no. Then I just gave up and told them I liked someone. They were shocked, they decided to stay here until I start the 9th grade.

I was happy about it. Once I ran up to my room, I called Matthew. I told him what was going on now. He didn't say a word and just hung up. A few minutes later, he called me back and asked me out. I immediately said yes!

The worst thing is that it was happening so soon. I want to stay with my friends until I graduate high school, but I couldn't.