Words... | Teen Ink

Words...

July 18, 2014
By ..E.. GOLD, Marietta, Georgia
..E.. GOLD, Marietta, Georgia
19 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"everything you do is insignificant, but it is important that you do them"


"I love you."


You said it first and I didn't understand. I stood back and looked at you as if what you said was presumptuous and pretentious, but you kept going.

"I love you... I still love you. I always have, and I've never stopped... I love you..."

You keep saying it over and over but I don't believe you because of what I saw... But the thing is everything I saw was not what I see and everything turned into a sea of ambivalence. The waves droning out the sound of your voices and all I see is the words forming on your lips and the tears swelling up behind your eyes.

Inside whispering, "And I love you"; outside yelling, "You love me?!!... PROVE IT! Right now you are just saying-

WORDS!"

You kiss my lips. Inside: the feelings revive. Outside: I push you away with tears in my eyes.

"Go. I want to believe you, but all I see are your lies."

Words.
Just crawling out your mouth like spiders when released when stepped on and crushed.

Just words. Meaning close to nothing. Actions speak louder and, right now, yours are just like the whispers of catty girls in the bathroom stalls.

Words.

"Iloveyou"?
Ya, I bet you do.

But those words speak nothing more than, "I'm sorry I hurt you".


The author's comments:
I guess you could call it fiction. Parts of it are true.