A Princess in the Past | Teen Ink

A Princess in the Past

By Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York
Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York

She can because she thinks she can.

Once there was a princess named Abigail. She was very rude and nasty to the people around her.
She pranced around the castle leaving a mess, not caring that someone would have to take care of it later.

One day there was a knock on the door. She opened the door and saw a little man on the steps. He was wearing green clothes with a green hat and a red feather in his hat. The only item he possessed was a tin whistle that he clutched in his hands. With a nasty tone, Abigail demanded, “What do you want?”
The man was drawn back by her rudeness. He hesitated fearing how she would react to his request. He stammered, “I am an elf who has been for what has seemed to be years. I have been robbed of all my belongings except for my tin whistle and I am very fatigued. May I please stay here for the night, and have some food and drink to ease my hunger and quench my thirst? In return I shale play my until my fingers bleed and my lungs burst from the intensity in which the music notes shall soar. “The princess was fuming with frustration. How dare he come to the castle without permission! The princess bent down to the elf’s height so that she was face to face with him. She screamed at him, “Go away!” she pushed him down the cold stone steps. With a glare, she stuck her nose high up in the air and began to close the door. The elf quickly got up and said, “Wait, I am sorry for offending you. Let me make it up to you by playing you a song for free.” This caught the princess’s attention because she loved to take gifts. “Alright, but only one.” The song had a high-pitched tune and an eerie melody. She felt lightheaded and began to sway. As the elf played on she stumbled and fainted.

When she had awaked, she found her self in a jungle. Confused, Abigail franticly searched her surroundings. Panic started to flood her mind. Where was she? How did she get there? Moreover, why was she there? A voice came from behind her, “Good morning princess,” she whipped around to see the elf. He had a smug look on his face that seemed wicked and cruel but also wise. Dismayed she asked, “What happened?” His smile grew as he said; “I have cast a spell on you that has sent you into the past. I have done this so you may care for others. You are now in the prehistoric period where dinosaurs rule the world. You must tend to these creatures and cure their wounds. If you try to run from them you will never be able to return home.” Then with a wave and a wink, he disappeared. Soon the ground began to shake under her feet as she heard a loud BOOM! As she turned, she saw a lizard like creature with a neck longer than a giraffe and a body larger than an elephant. She wanted to run but heard it cry out in pain and remembered what the elf had said before. She stopped and looked at his foot and saw a branch that was piercing the dinosaur’s foot. She very cautiously walked over to the creature, grasped onto the branch, and gently pulled it out. The animal cried out in relief and went on his way. She was able to cure many other creatures within several days. When the end of the week rounded a long a waited corner she was extremely tiered. She fell asleep on a cave floor with pride in her heart knowing that she had been able to help others. When she woke up, she found herself in her own room on her bed. The elf was standing over the princess and asked, “Have you learned your lesson?” As she nodded she said, “Thank you.”

My main targeted audiance with this story is little kids. I find that they would definatly enjoy this story much more than any other age group expecialy Teenagers.