An Irish Tale | Teen Ink

An Irish Tale

October 24, 2023
By Anonymous

Have you ever thought of ghosts and what they are, or have you blocked the thought and hid it in the far corner of your mind? At Least that's what Luna did. There's a beautiful girl in the small town of Kinsale, Germany. She was so smart, the smarties in her class. She has blonde hair and eyes as blue as the sky. She heard of these so-called Thevshi folklore, urban legends about ghosts and ghouls. She knew science could prove them all wrong, and physics was yelling at them. Every day after school she would go to her grandma’s house, and every day they would have a piece of Irish apple cake, and Grandma would tell stories, ghost stories. Luna laughs and she never thought twice about the so-called legends.


 One day after school she went to her grandma's house and she wasn't there, the door was locked. Luna called for her grandma but there was just the wind. She was very worried and had put her mind in the deepest place. She was so caught up in her mind she had no idea she was lost. Luna just kept walking until she heard a loud scream. “aaahhhh” the sound just kept getting louder and louder. Luna realized that she wasn't in the village of Kinsale. Somehow there was silence, but still there was screaming. Soon it got too loud and she fell, on the ground holding her head and it never stopped. She tried to fight or even walk but there was no stopping it. An hour went by and it just got louder, was there any way this was being stopped. Then it finally stopped the mind blowing, touchers thing was gone. 

 Luna was going insane. She was so out of it she couldn’t even stand up. She started to stand up but then………….  “Hello hello, look she's waking up! Doctor doctor!”  A voice said. Luna woke up not knowing what happened or how she got there. The doctors tried to explain what happened but the thing is they didn’t know, they just gave her their wild guesses. Somehow her parents bought the doctors every word. But she didn’t know.


When she got home there was silence, and for some reason she couldn't stop thinking about it. She remembers this so-called “illusion” so well she can even see the color of each leaf she fell on. There was no word from her grandma, it’s like she disappeared. Her parents said they were going to the store, but she was not allowed to leave her room, “no light, no sight” they told her. They left and about 5 minutes went by and she heard a voice, almost sounded like her grandma, it was low and all it said was “come, come, come”. It started getting louder and she was not doing it. She just thought she would get out of the house for only 5 minutes. Then it started again but now like a GPS, “follow the voice” it said. Luna knew she had to do something so she decided to follow it. There was a figure that was tall, but still small, then it was big, but small. Luna had know idea what to do. She was stunned. How can science explain this? Why is this happening to me? She finally got some scenes and remembered she was “Wait” a voice said. “Hello” she said “What do you want from me, what did I do?” She said louder “WHAT” she screamed. “Look I don’t know what this voice is or am I going insane, whatever you are  just leave me alone!” Then there was a flash, a HUGE flash bright enough to see from 5 miles away. Luna was ok but still heard voices this time there was over 50. “Hello” she yelled, but instead of silence there were a thousand voices, but how did they get there? Luna  releasing she's not surrounded by humans, but by the thing she never thought was possible.


The author's comments:

Have you ever heard something or someone. Probably but did you ever think it was not of this world, or have you block the thought out.