ArchAngel | Teen Ink

ArchAngel

By TeenageMutantNinjaAngel BRONZE, Ossian, Indiana
TeenageMutantNinjaAngel BRONZE, Ossian, Indiana

"I believe in music the way some people believe in fairytales."

Preface

Jade stared at the arched ceiling covered with a war she did not want to engage in. There were angels, she could only identify two. Michael, the guardian of the Orthodox Faith, and a fighter against heresies. In his right hand was a spear, plunging into a shadowy figure. In his shimmering left hand was a green palm branch. Atop his spear was a linen ribbon coated with a red cross.
The other was Gabriel. His arms were spread baring a lantern with a lighted taper inside, and a mirror of green jasper.
One of the angels was leading Tobit, who is carrying a fish caught in the Tigris with his right hand. A physicians alabaster jar appeared in his left.
Another was holding a sword against the Persians, and a fiery flame. Then, there was an angel who revealed a golden wreath, and a triple-thronged whip. There were three others, just praying, one with a white rose to his bare chest.
The mural was mystifying, and gorgeous in it’s own way, until you got to the center. The glorified angels were revolving around a bottomless pit of locusts that almost formed a horse-like creatures, with crowned human faces, and wavy human hair. There was an even more horrifying creature sitting on a throne with it’s arms raised. It had lions teeth, locusts’ wings, and the tail of a scorpion.
Aaron noticed Jade’s displeased expression as she gazed at the center of the ceiling. “That,” he said pointing at the creature,” is Abaddon, a very powerful demon, almost more powerful than Lucifer himself, and those are the eight original Archangels. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Jegudiel, Sealtiel, Jeremiel, and Barachiel.”
“Do all demons look like Abaddon?” Jade asked nervously.
“Not to humans, or us, at first. When the human flesh and complexions dissolve, they’ll look like the ones you’ve seen your entire life. Disgusting.”
“And you expect me to banish them to where they came from? You want me to become an Archangel, like them?” Jade questioned hysterically, pointing to the angels.
“Precisely,” Aaron replied.
“You’re insane.”
“You’re afraid.”
“I’m what?” Jade hissed, offended.
“You’re afraid of fighting demons, and it is a scary thing, but you don’t have a choice. It’s your destiny, in your blood, your heritage.”
“My heritage? Are you saying my family, my parents are Archangels?”
“No, I’m saying your ancestors. You have the same appearance as Michael,” he informed her while reaching out for her face.
“Don’t touch me,” she warned, swatting his hand back.
“And the same attitude,” Aaron added bitterly. ‘Hey, where are you going?”
“Far away from here,” Jade answered fiercely. “And unless you want to get run over by my bike, I suggest you let me leave.”
“Fine!” Aaron shouted over the roar of her Honda Super Hawk. “but I’ll defiantly be back.”
Jade rolled her eyes as she flipped the helmet’s shield over her eyes. With that, her vibrant red bike sped away, leaving Aaron in the dust.
“You can’t ignore your destiny, Jade!” he called after her. Jade heard him, but chose not to listen.

This is just the preface, but I am currently writing more!I had to do a bunch of research. Hope you like it. Please rate and leave a comment.

NightFury said...
NightFury, Innocence, California

"Everyday's a gift and not a given right."

Really good! Keep writing!

DarklingDraven BRONZE, Grant, Nebraska
1 article 1 photo 3 comments

i have way too many favorites.

this is really great i love it!!!

derickinc BRONZE, Rockford, Illinois

"I hate all of you." - Squidward Tentacles

Ooh, this looks good. I'm new--could you guys read "Lioness" under my work and tell me what you think? (Rate, comment.)

billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

Good! I can't wait to read it! I already liked the first part, and I bet I will love the second!!!:):):);)

Thanks!! I have actually done a lot with this since I posted it two years ago, but with as many views as this has, I don't want to delete it.

EmptySoul SILVER, Milaca, Minnesota

No one can hurt me as much as I can hurt myself.

I liked your story, but I think it needs a little work. Try being as detailed as possible, such as what the characters are doing and not just what they are saying.

Can't wait to read more

Happy writing!

Thanks!! :) I wrote some more while bored in class today, so I'll try to have that up soon!!

Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California

Whats The Point?

i love this story!!!! it so good!!!!    =)

Hey everyone I wrote another chapter... so check out my stuff to read it... and once again thanks so much for all the good ratings and comments!! :)

Haha thanks :)

irtfaz said...
irtfaz, Brentwood, Tennessee

"Everything in this room, everything you see is eatable. Even I myself am eatable, but that, children, is called cannibalism, and is frowned upon in most societies."

Nice. I really liked the descriptions at the beginning, but it felt kind of like an infodump. Then, near the end, the dialogue was pretty good, but I feel like it could use some editing for flow. Other than that, great job, and great concept!

meganleigh122 GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."

This is very good, and captivating. Keep it up : ) let us know when you post more; I'll be one of the firdt to read it : )

madlyrad BRONZE, Goodyear, Arizona
I liked how Jade isn't like most characters- independent and unflattered by pesky guys (hehe) Good job

AngelS SILVER said...
AngelS SILVER, Gresham, Oregon

"You may kill me, but you may never insult me. Who am I?"... "Captain Jack Sparrow." - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

I like it! You should read my story called, Angel. Please.

BrightBurningCampeador PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon
cool, keep it comin'

Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Love this!! It's so complex! If there's more, I'm definatly reading it! 

I am currently writing more

I needed to do a lot of organization... so more is on the way :)

Lorelei SILVER said...
Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia

"Nothing is ever easy"- Zeddicus Zul Zorander, copied by Richard Rahl

this is cool. do you have more out?

Tim-.- SILVER said...
Tim-.- SILVER, Markham, Other

We all screw up sometimes, just some people more than others

This was an awesome preview ^_^

Do you have any more planned?

mishaminion said...
This is awesome I love it!!