Double Trouble | Teen Ink

Double Trouble

October 18, 2009
By Ceneteros2804 PLATINUM, Griffith, Other
Ceneteros2804 PLATINUM, Griffith, Other
20 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.' Albert Einstein

'Why write about reality, we all know how that story ends' Me


My name is Noah, Noah Aurora. I am a normal fifteen year old…relatively anyway. You see I am part of a set of twins, my sister Sophia and I are slightly different than the type of twins you're thinking of. We’re not conjoined, parasitic or anything like that…we’re different. We have to share our time in our bodies. Our physical forms switch between us either consciously or subconsciously. If I am awake and doing something, my sister’s body resides in Limbo and her mind within me. The same applies vice versa. This can be reversed by her or me calling the words Eo Tallora and clapping our hands together, or alternatively by sleeping. There are several issues with this. The most common is that we lose our clothes if we transform in normal clothing. So if I fell asleep in math class, my sister would appear in my place…nude! And vice versa. Therefore we have to time our transformations carefully, so as to ensure we don’t appear nude just anywhere. You see this is caused by our Magical ancestry. Our parents are both respectively the seventh son of a seventh son and the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. Our grandmother is a sorceress and that is virtually all we know about our family. All three of our other grandparents are dead and our parents are out of contact with their relatives.

Other than that, if you’ve read any mythology you will know twins are especially important. Romulus and Remus, Pollux and Castor, Artemis and Apollo etc, etc. So as twin children of two Seventh of the Seventh my sister and I are charged with protecting the world of Earth from the catastrophic powers of monsters, dark magic and worst of all Chaos magic. By similar means to switching between us, by uttering the words Eos Savious we become Warriors of The Balance. We change into supernatural clothing from Ancient China, where the Warriors began. My sister wears a modern style of cheongsam and I wear a changshan (look them up on wikipedia). Our greatest problems began in about February in Columbus, Ohio. We attend one of the many public schools there in the ninth grade. It was my Geography class and I was sitting between my two best friends Luke and Fonz (His real name is Luke as well, everyone calls him Fonz because he looks like the Fonz from Happy Days). Anyway then she walked in…The new girl she had a wonderful face, flowing blonde hair. But I like most of the boys in the class watched her figure and experienced…well the guys will know what I mean.

“What the hell is going on out there” Sophia said in my mind. “Why can I feel all these emotions…ugh gross!! How can you think like that about a girl you don’t even know?”

“It’s a boy thing!” I replied.

“Well keep it to yourself” Sophia added before falling back into meditative slumber.

“Class this Miss Annabella Nyx” the teacher called out. I barely registered; I was imagining her in Botticelli’s Birth of Venus.

“Thank Ma’am” she said and sat in the row directly behind me. The desks were so close I could feel her warm breath. The bell rang suddenly. I never thought it was strange that she arrived at the end of Geometry. I dashed to the usual place where my sister and I made our transformation into each other. I dashed into the broom closet and stripped off, clapped my hands together and jumped as the door opened. Standing in front of me was Annabella Nyx.

“Aah” she mumbled.

“Oh” I mumbled.

“S***!” Sophia cursed.

“Any particular reason you're naked in a broom closet?”

“Aah…”

“Changing!”

“Changing?”

“So you stripped naked?”

“Aaah” I blushed.

“Don’t be embarrassed” she cooed.

“I'm not embarrassed!”

“You're not Jewish either.”

“That’s not funny” I stuttered covering himself.

“It would be if I weren’t inside you” Sophia said.

“Shut Up!”

“No way.”

“I know something we can do while we’re here” she cooed and pressed against him. Their lips touched and I flushed.

“Move moron” I touched the top of her skull and pressed against the crown of her head. A faint pulse of energy channelled through her and she was knocked unconscious.

“Eo Tallora!” I called and we switched places. My body in Limbo and my sister in the real world.