A... Dream? | Teen Ink

A... Dream?

January 5, 2011
By Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California
Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California
31 articles 0 photos 74 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whats The Point?


I don't get this. I don't even understand the concept of this stuff. What's the point? It's not like we'll ever use it again. seriously, like why go through it if we won't ever use it again? I guess I'll never understand it. Oh well...

I am a 13 year-old girl, and I am doing my homework. Homework for my messed-up English class. She's making us learn and Wright in old English. Really old English. She promises that we will use it again some times, but the only thing I can think of that it will be useful for is casting spells, and as far as I know, I'm not a witch. And that makes me think that what we're doing is useless.
~~~ Three weeks later~~~
Apparently I was wrong about the whole "old English is a waste of time" thing. Over the last few weeks, I have discovered that I really am a witch, and that I have been chosen to go back in time to learn how to use my powers. I am both excited and not excited.
I’m excited because--Hello! i get to go back in time!!! and I'm not excited because if the whole thing goes wrong or if i accidentally do something wrong, I will die. Or be murdered. And if you ask me, that is a big risk.
I have one week to train for going back in time 1030 years in time. I’m nervous.
~~~One week latter~~~
It’s time. I'm scared. These people are freaks. They are really starting to creep me out. All of their stories... and that training I was put through...
It all gives me the creeps now...
~~~It’s time~~~
I step into the circle. They chant. There's a bright white light I'm supposed to step through.
There's no backing out now...
I step through, and...
I feel as if I have been stabbed a million times. All over my body, there is pain. I a sort of panic I realize there is blood pouring out of my body everywhere. I yell for help, seeing that I’m still in that circle, but everyone is just laughing. Laughing and watching.
Everything around me is fading. The last thing I see is the group of people making their way towards me. everyone is laughing. Pointing. Having a good time with my pain.
The last thing I hear is from the group leader. My teacher. "And now you have served your purpose as our sacrifice. You should be honored, little girl."
Then I'm gone.
~~~~~~
I wake up shaking and shivering. I'm screaming and sitting upright. My parents come rushing in. I’m alive. Was it just a dream?
But it was so real...