Forbidden | Teen Ink

Forbidden

By maddimarie95 BRONZE, Barrington, Illinois
maddimarie95 BRONZE, Barrington, Illinois

Don't let anyone every dull your sparkle

The garden looked unrecognizable, twinkling lights were strung as the stars in the night sky danced around above. I looked around the party. A royal party was something to talk about.

These parties rarely held any interest to me, but an appearance by the princess had to be made.

A face in the crowd caught my attention. He was much younger than those of the usual 1,000 year-old guests who were invited. He was handsome, tall with dark hair. An essence of mystery glowed around him. He looked out of place in the crowd of Faery’s.

I tore my gaze away from him as a Faery approached. “Can I ask for this dance?” he asked giving a slight bow. I rolled my eyes. But, I shrugged and nodded. I had to at least get one dance in. Otherwise I would hear about it in the morning.

He led me to the floor where Faery’s were twirling and laughing. We hadn’t taken more than 5 steps when we were interrupted.

I turned to see the dark haired stranger from moments ago. Up closer I could see the depth of his black eyes.

“Excuse me but would you mind if I stole a dance with the lady?” he asked. From the corner of my eye I saw the guy look at me, but my eyes never left the handsome face in front of me. I saw him shrug and slink away into the crowd.

The music hadn’t stopped but it didn’t take us long to step into rhythm with the music. “You look beautiful tonight,” he whispered in my ear.

I smiled. “Luke what are you doing here?” I asked. My eyes darted around making sure no one had noticed him. “You could get caught.”

“I had to see you,” he said.

I sighed. “I missed you too,” I said giving in. “But it still isn’t smart.”

He smiled. “That’s what love makes you do.”

I sighed. “Follow me,” I said grabbing his hand and leading him towards the lake. No one would see us there.

Once we reached the lake I felt his hand in mine. “You shouldn’t of come,” I said once again. But every ounce of my body told me differently. I wanted him here. I needed him here.

“I know,” he whispered in my ear then kissing my cheek.

The moment was interrupted by a figure dropping out of nowhere.

I jumped back startled. I knew from the hissing and glowing eyes that it was demon that stood before us.

“Prince you are wanted back home,” the demon hissed.

I felt Luke’s hand tighten around mine. But, before Luke had time to react the demon disappeared.

“They found me,” Luke said.

“Which means they know about us,” I stated.

“It isn’t safe for either of us anymore.”

“Dating your mortal enemies son can do that,” I said trying to lighten the mood. But, the mood was anything but light. This could result in full out war if not handled with the utter most care. The scary part was I already knew what side I stood on. Any side Luke was on.