2285. | Teen Ink

2285.

October 6, 2014
By james beck BRONZE, Bono, Arkansas
james beck BRONZE, Bono, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It is the year 2285 in New York City. The buildings are no longer there. It is now sandy, dusty, and only 7 humans are left. Most humans went to a new planet capable of life. Aliens have been ruling the Earth and have been trying to kill off the human race. These aliens have no sense of sight but have enhanced hearing, taste, smell, and touch. They use some type of sonar. There is only one way to communicate and it is through walkie-talkies. They are really old, but the seven humans each have one. The humans only have one communication system with the outside world and the aliens have it captured it. The seven humans consisted of 4 guys Robert, Jeremy, Henry, and George. There are 3 girls Sarah, Violet, and Andie all but George are in their late twenties. George is 40 years old but is an ex-navy seal.
One day they all got out of hiding and met at an underground sewer line that went underneath the ruins of what’s left of the old Empire State Building. They started to discuss ideas.
Robert began “So, how do we bring back humanity.”
Andie replied “We breed Robert.”
George said, “You can’t breed while these aliens are trying to kill us.”
Everybody started to nod their heads.
Jeremy said “so how do we kill the? We are outnumbered by at least 50,000 aliens.”
Henry replied, “Then we need to start before we lose all our food supply”
Sarah said, “Henry, how do we get weapons, ammo, and supplies?”
A figure walked out of the shadows he was tall muscular and had other characteristics of the aliens and he said “I will help.”
Robert said “why would an alien help us defeat the alien race off of earth.”
“We are an elite group of aliens who believe our race doesn’t belong here on a human planet.”
The group of humans agreed to be allies. They climbed up the ladder from the sewer and rode to the elite aliens’ headquarters where they planned an attack and to re-capture the communication to the military on the new planet. The humans thought they would be safer if they don’t talk unless needed. George got Jeremy which is a technology, weaponry expert to make a device which knocks out the alien’s weapons and communication that is easy to use. The humans set out on a ship captured from years past and they loaded themselves with electronic blasters. They landed one mile east of the communication tower and they destroyed the aliens’ defenses. George got shot and died. They released Jeremy’s invention and destroyed the alien’s infantry that guarded the communication tower. Sarah started to run toward the tower and a mine blew up and then everybody started worrying and the girls were crying.
Henry said “don’t cry or worry because George and Sarah wanted us to finish our mission and we will fight to the end.” Violet then said “let’s go before they notice what has happened.” The group of humans looked behind them where their fallen soldiers and aliens lay, and then headed for the tower. They got to the door and it opened automatically, the building was empty so they thought. They saw the red button to blow up the earth and they saw the blue button that would send troops to kill off the aliens. They looked at the buttons then five aliens fell from the ceiling with knifes, but the group were too distracted to notice.
One of the aliens came up behind Jeremy and slit his throat. They started to fight and the aliens died only Andie was left and she was wounded and in a very serious and critical condition. She turned around and hit the red button. She laid on the ground knowing it would take a while until the earth blew up, but she laid there and smiled. Then, explosive metal rods hit the earth from space, and the earth was then destroyed. No humans or aliens were alive on the planet earth. It is now in ruins.