Government Invasion | Teen Ink

Government Invasion

June 2, 2015
By Travis Miller BRONZE, Portage, Wisconsin
Travis Miller BRONZE, Portage, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My friends and I are always getting our books hit out of our arms, and people always make fun of us for being smart.  The other day, a kid came up to me and took my books and threw them in the trash.  He had done that to my friends just after he did it to me.  When that happened, all of the other kids laughed at us.  We got really upset, so we tried to attack back.

The bully was ultimately way stronger than us, but we tired him out and got him down.  He got really embarrassed, so he took his anger out on us even worse.  The other kids joined in on his side at first, but then some kids came and joined our side.  We had all the kids that were made fun of in their lives.  We took over the other kids without a problem.
I woke up right after we had beaten up the bully.  This time, I really thought that I had been the one who could be cool and stick up for myself.  I always get made fun of, and I never get to be cool or popular.  My friends and I are always the ones who sit by the trashcan at lunch because no one lets us sit by them.  Those days makes me like I am worthless and  no one needs me.

******

Many days later, there was a new president coming into office.  I would go to as many political events that I could possibly go to. My parents and I would always make a bet on who would win in the presidential race. I of course would always win the bet, and my parents would get really upset.  I stay up all night looking up statistics on the candidates in the race.  I then put the statistics to their political party.
The president turned out to be the one that I did not pick.  My parents went and got themselves ice-cream, but I was super mad because the new president was not even on the ballot.  He was a write in.  I heard rumors about the laws he was going to enforce.  He would make homework illegal, school be three hours shorter, and students get payed to go to school.
The kids in the town were so happy to hear that they would get this new amazing president. The new president seemed suspicious because he looked like he was hiding something. His vice president was really strange because he didn’t talk much, and when he did talk, he sounded like a strange alien.

******

A fisher, on the east coast of the United States, found a strange object that fell out of the sky.  The news told us that it was just a meteor, but my friends and I knew it was something else.  The meteor was in the same exact shape as a stereotypical UFO.   The pictures of the “meteor” were super blurry, and it looked like someone took the worst camera for the picture.
My friend asked “Is it a coincidence that the “meteor” was found on the same day as the president came into office.  Why would the government be so secretive about a meteor.”
I exclaimed “I think that it is weird that they would be so secretive over a stupid rock”
We all looked at each other and went into a deep thought about what we were going to do.  When we couldn’t figure something out, we all went home for the night.

******

The next day, I woke up with all of my possessions gone.  My parents were staying in my room for some reason, but we were sleeping on the ground with one sheet over us.  My clothes that I wore to bed were now rags.  We had an old stove that looked like it wouldn’t work.  There was a fridge that water was dripping out of. 
I looked around and saw that all of my books and videogames were not there.  We had nothing except for the dirty old sheet we had over us, the old broken down stove, a broken refrigerator, and a toilet with stains all over it.  I was shocked because just yesterday we were the good middle-class family, but today we were suddenly part of the lowest class.
My mom told me “It is time to get up and go to school.”
I asked “What time is it?”
She responded “5:30 in the morning”
I was so surprised because school doesn’t usually start until almost 8:00.  I tried to find the shower, but it was nowhere to be found.  Our shower was gone, my cologne, and deodorant were gone.  All of the kids at school would make fun of me because I wouldn’t smell good.  It doesn’t take much for them to make fun of me in the first place.  Now they had something else.

******

On my way walking to school, I saw the houses of my friends were the exact same as mine except for my one rich friend Jim.  He had a really big house with as many cars as you could ever dream of.  Him and I only got a long at certain points in life. My walking path to school was terrible because I could not afford shoes.  My really cute friend Hilary walked with me.
I had a crush on her since the day I laid my eyes on her. She had the best blond hair and her eyes were to die for.  She has been my best friend since the first day of middle school.  We were always talking about how we would become presidents or different political leaders.  The plan was set out, but then the whole government had to change.

******

We were almost to school, and the biggest bully in our city came and confronted us.  He had done this to us many times because he was not as smart as we were. I was playing a scenario in my head about how I could take him over, but when he came to us, I cowered and got beaten up for a very long time. 
I got to school and my rags of clothes were all torn up worse than before.  My whole body was hurting and I could not wait for school to be over. I just wanted to be at home and read about politics on my computer, but now I can’t because it was taken away somehow.

******

We had an emergency meeting in the gym for a government speech.  Normally I would be the most excited, but I think I was the most scared.  Everyone thought this meeting was just a way to get out of class, and they took this as a joke.  I was sitting in the corner thinking about how all of my stuff had disappeared over one night.
The teachers told us to pay attention because the speech was about to start.  All of the adults were acting super weird, but it was like they were being controlled by something.  They followed every rule at the exact same time on a set schedule.  My parents were the same way. After they woke me up they did not talk to me because they were too busy getting ready to go to work

******

The speech began on a big white screen.  The president was speaking to us about how they would come to school every morning from 6:00 a.m. and go home ate 9:00 a.m.  We would get food that was suppose to be healthy and good for us, but it actually was all fake plastic food.  It tasted like dirty clothes mixed my cat pee.
Everyone was so upset that they were booing the screen, but just when they started to boo, the president turned into an alien. My friends and I all looked at each other at the same time, and we got up and ran out the door to find our parents.  The teachers were not chasing them though.  I couldn’t find my parents, so I just went into my house to think about what was happening.

******

I opened the door, and I found a security guard standing in my house looking for something.  I didn’t want him to see me, so I ran outside and went to Hilary’s house.  There was a security guard in every house in the city.  Why would a security guard be in every house. That is our private property.
I ran into an abandoned building, but it wasn’t really abandoned because all of the parents were in there working terrible work.  There were even more secure security guards in this building, and they didn’t look human.  They had spikes on their backs and long beaks.  I could not find the way out so I tried to hide

******
The security guards found me when it was about midnight.  The adults were still working hard, and it did not look like they were even close to being done.  They were still sewing clothing and some men were making tools and machinery.  The people had no expression on their face, and they looked like robots working.
The guard took me to the president because they knew I heard the secrets of their organizations.  The president was not the normal president though.  He had the same spikes on his back and beak, but his were much bigger than any other of them. 
He yelled “WHY WERE YOU HERE”.
I told him “I need to stop you from taking over our country”
He responded “You will not get the chance to stop me”

******

They kept me in a small containment cell with nothing but a bed.  I was fed a piece of dry bread, and it tasted like dog food.  The bread had something in it because it made me feel very tired and weak.  Some time later I was knocked out from a chemical in the bread.
I woke up in a room with all these science tools.  It looked like a mad scientist just got done dissecting a huge frog because there was blood everywhere.  My germaphobia was going crazy, and I almost lost it strapped up to the chair.  I saw some people in a different room through a glass door.

******

The chair I was in was loose, so I found my time to get out of it.  I waited until they opened the door, and when they did, I got up and ran out the door past all of the guards.  One came up to me and grabbed, but I punched him in the face. He fell to the floor with a bloody nose that was dripping green blood.
I got outside, and I ran without looking back.  I heard the sirens blaring in the background.  I knew that I was now a rebel, and I had to get all of the kids to help me rebel against the government.  The government that makes kids and adults to work and do anything to help the country.  There is a new battle to be fought now.