forever love | Teen Ink

forever love

May 28, 2013
By dallas howard BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina
dallas howard BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Stage directions- Bryson and Annabelle are sitting on the couch. Bryson goes and gets popcorn. There’s a knock on the door.
Annabelle- who are you?
Laura- I’m, I’m looking for Bryson… Are you Bryson? I’m Laura.
Annabelle- no but I can get her for you if you’d like me to
Laura- that’ll be great
Annabelle- BRYSON!!! Come here there’s a little girl with a teddy bear at the door for you.. She said she’s looking for you but I don’t know her.
Bryson- little girl who are you?
Annabelle-she said her name is Laura
Laura- Mommy!!! (goes in for a hug) I’m your daughter; I’ve been looking for you for soo long!
Bryson- what the heck? Are you serious? How?
Annabelle- um?!? I’m going to the kitchen to let ya’ll talk alone (walks away)
Laura- my orphanage burned down and I had no where else to go so I’ve spent the last month trying to find you! Where’s my daddy? I want to meet him.
Bryson- daddy? Um well I’m a lesbian?? Um how old are you??
Laura- I’m eight years old
Bryson- oh well I might know who your daddy is let me call him. (pulls cell phone out and calls Charles)
Bryson- hey… I need to talk to you. Can you come over please?
( knocking at the door)
(Charles arrives)
Charles walks in)
Charles- hey Brycey, what’s up?
Bryson- ummm remember how a couple years back we were a thing? Well more like 8 years back?
Charles- um? Yes of course I do why?
Bryson- well we had a kid and I didn’t tell you, but I put her up for adoption, but she was standing at my door today I don’t even know what happened she had a good family that adopted her but she said she was in an orphanage.
Charles- uh excuse me? What are you talking about? How could you not tell me this? We could’ve taken care of her she’s my kid too you know?
(enters Annabelle)
(enters Laura)
Laura- hi
Annabelle- so um how’d you find out about Bryson?
Laura- I saw my birth certificate
Annabelle- so are you trying to stay here with us or something(chuckles)
Laura- well if that’s okay with you I have no where else to go
Annabelle- well we aren’t some kind of charity case but I mean ill talk to Bryson about it. Hey Bryson can you come in here please I really need to talk to you about something.
Bryson- yeah babe what is it?
Annabelle- well Laura wants to stay here with us but we barley have enough money to pay the bills and to feed ourselves much less take care of a kid…but its up to I guess, she’s your kid, ill support you either way.
Bryson- well I think I love her and I want her to be here with me
(enters Charles)
Charles- so what do we do
Annabelle- well ill do whatever yall wanna do
Charles- well I wanna meet her
Bryson- okay lets go
(enters Charles, Annabelle, and Bryson)
Bryson- Laura here’s your dad
Charles- hey Laura, I’m Charles, your father.
Laura- Daddy!!!
(Laura runs up and hugs him)
Charles- uhh hi Laura
Laura- Daddy! I’ve been looking forward to meeting you!
Annabelle- hey Brycie can I talk to you for a minuet?
Bryson- yeah babe what’s up?
Annabelle- well I know she’s not my daughter but I think id enjoy taking care of her ive always wanted a child and we cant have one.
Bryson- yay! I’m so happy you feel that way, I needed your reassurance and blessing. Thanks babe.
Annabelle- you’ll always have my blessing and my support that’s what marriage is hun.
Bryson- I love you babe
Annabelle- I love you too! Hey Laura can you come in here please?
(enters Laura)
Laura- yeah what is it?
Bryson- well we’ve decided we want you to stay here with us and we will make sure you see yur daddy all the time if he wants to?
Charles- that’ll be great
(everyone goes in for a group hug)