Coming home for Christmas | Teen Ink

Coming home for Christmas

January 12, 2014
By Taylor96 SILVER, Greensboro, North Carolina
Taylor96 SILVER, Greensboro, North Carolina
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Coming Home for Christmas (Mom and grandma are in the kitchen preparing Christmas dinner. Mom walks over to the sink) Mom: (Looking out the window) I hope Michael comes home for Christmas this year. I really miss him. Grandma: (sitting at the table, peeling potatoes) Me too. I haven’t seen him in almost two years. At least we know he’s thinking about his family. He’s been sending us letters and postcards all year. Mom: (Angry) That doesn’t mean anything. Every single one of those letters are typed, not hand written. He probably tells one of his assistants to do it for him. They do everything he tells them to. Last year he piled his trunk up with expensive gifts, not even wrapped and had one of his assistants drop them off. Grandma: (looking confused and disappointed) He didn’t wrap them? Mom: No he put name tags on them, and then just threw them in a large garbage bag. Grandma: Wow, that doesn’t sound like Mikey. He’s really changed hasn’t he? Mom: Yeah, he really has. I guess all that money is starting to get to his heart. Grandma: (looks at mom with a puzzled look on her face) His heart? (She chuckles) You mean his brain right? Mom: Nope. I meant his heart. (Kayla walks in the door shivering with her boots covered in snow.) Kayla: Mom, is the food almost finished? I’m starving! Mom: Yes, it’s almost done. Go tell your dad and brothers to come wash up. (Kayla hurries out of the kitchen) Mom: (Yelling) And take those wet boots off Kayla! Kayla: Yes ma’am’! (Kayla takes her boots of and sits them beside the door, she opens the front door) Kayla: (screaming) Oh my gosh mom, mom come here! Mom: What is it Kayla, what’s wrong? (peeping from the kitchen) Kayla: Mom come here, look whose outside! Mom: Who is it Kayla? Kayla: It’s Santa Clause! Mom: (Walking towards the door) No, it’s Mikey! (Everyone runs to Mikey and hugs him) Mikey: Wow, everyone’s so excited to see me! Mom: Of course we are, we haven’t seen you in forever. Mikey: I know and I apologize, but I have some good news. I’m moving back home. Mom: you’re moving back hoe? What about your job? Mikey: I need a break from my job. I was starting to miss you guys too much. Mom: So you’re moving back here? Mikey: No, of course not mom. I bought a house right up the street. Mom: Oh my gosh, I’m so glad! Mikey: Me too. (Dad walks around the corner with the twins) Dad: Hey Mikey. What are you doing here? Mikey: I’m moving home dad. Dad: Why? Mikey: What do you mean why? Dad: Why are you moving back home? I thought you were just fine where you were at. We don’t have any more room here anyway. Mikey: You don’t seem too happy. Dad: I just don’t understand why you want to move back home now? You’ve been gone so long and just forgot all about us. Your little brothers don’t even know you. Mikey: I’m sorry dad. That’s why I’m moving home, so I can make things right, and I’m not moving back I here. I bought my own house down the street. Dad: Well that’s good then. (Walking in the house) Come on boys let’s go wash up. Mom: (Running to Mikey and hugging him) It’s okay honey, he will get over it. He just missed you so much and had to get used to you not being around. He’s probably in shock. Just come inside and wash up, the food is almost ready. Mikey: I guess so. I’m just happy to be home. (Everyone walks back in the house to clean up and get ready) Mikey: I have some good news mom. Mom: What is it? Mikey: I’m getting married. Mom: Married? To who! Mikey: My girlfriend from high school. Mom: Ashley? Mikey: Yes. Mom: That’s Wonderful! (The family eats a big Christmas dinner, Mikey and his father settle their differences, and they all live happily ever after.)