Crisis | Teen Ink

Crisis

By AJKomorowski BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
AJKomorowski BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

The Christo family. Originally from Italy but moved to California, recently had a loss of a loved one. A dectective was called and is on the case, but the butler, Stefano seems to know more than the Dectective. The whole family is on edge to solve the murder, the main question is, who did it? 

Chapter 1: Cast

Cast:
-Ryan O’Brien (The Detective)
-Joseph Christo (The Uncle)
-Hazel Christo (The Mother)
-Larry Christo (The Father)
-Nathan Christo (The Son)
-Landon (The Paramedic)
-Stefano (The Butler)
-Ann (The Maid)

Chapter 2: Crisis

Crisis

Takes place at Christo Family Mansion in Los Angeles, California. Starts outside with Stefano exiting junky, parked car. Stefano wears a suit and bowtie and walks up to door of Christo Mansion. Stefano notices Larry’s, Joseph's, Ann’s, and Hazel’s car parked in the roundabout driveway. Mysterious black car is also parked.

Stefano: (Sarcastically) What a great day for Stefano to get back to work. (Stefano opens door and everyone is gathered around a dead man in the foyer. Larry Christo dead on the ground, everyone gathered around him in shock. Chandelier fell on him).

Ann: Oh, no Stefano! You won’t believe what happened here! I was cleaning the living...

(Stefano joins the circle of people).

Stefano: Well don’t leave Stefano out of the blue! What happened?!

(Detective O’Brien walks over to Stefano.)

O’Brien: Excuse me sir, Detective Ryan O’Brien, FBI, what is your name and what is your relation to this man by the name of Larry Christo? (Pulls out notepad and pen.)

Stefano: Uhh, were you the one with the black car?

O’Brien: (Forcefully) Answer my question!

Stefano: Stefano...Stefano is the butler for the Christo Family.

O’Brien: (Writes “Stefano” down. Looks up.) Last name?

Stefano: Stefano doesn’t have a last name.

O’Brien: How do you not have a last name? Where are you from?
Stefano: Stefano never knew his parents. Stefano was born and came from Venice, Italy.

O’Brien: (Writes “Venice, Italy” down.)  Are you an...illegal immigrant?

Stefano: No! Stefano have papers and Green Card at Stefano’s apartment!

O’Brien: Okay then… (Closes notepad.) and to answer your question Stefano, that mysterious black car is mine. (Walks back into circle.)

Hazel Christo: It was awful Stefano! I was in the kitchen when we walked in from his trip to the Ever Ridge Mall and the chandelier fell on him! He tripped and looked up and it fell and it crushed his skull! There was blood everywhere!(Begins to cry and covers her eyes. Joseph walks over to Hazel comforts Hazel).

Joseph Christo: Oh it’s okay, the Detective will solve the case. Let’s go watch your favorite TV show, shall we? Pylon or 49 Children?  (Joseph takes Hazel into the living room. Hazel still crying.)

Nathan Christo: Ooh! Ooh! Can I help Mr. Detective?! Please, oh please?! I always wanted to be a detective! Just like those tv shows mommy and daddy watch!  (Jumping excitedly).

O’Brien: Sorry, but I... (Points to self.) need to examine the crime scene. Sorry.

Nathan: Aww...come on. (Walks away head down and shoulders shrugged up the stairs.Walks into his bedroom.)

O’Brien: So let’s examine the body first. (Kneels down.)

Ann: Mr. O’Brien, he’s dead! A chandelier fell on him! There is nothing to examine! What could you possibly discover about the murderer from looking at this horrific scene?! (A smash occurs from the living room.)

Hazel: Oh my god! HELP!!! The TV fell on Joseph! (Stefano, Ann, and O’Brien run into the living room. Joseph dead under a fallen television.)

Stefano: What happened Hazel?!

Ann: Oh no! What happened?! Not another murder!

Hazel: (Panicking) I was...I was in the kit...kitchen while Joseph was trying to turn on the T.V. and...and it fell on him! I checked his pulse and...and it’s gone! Blood wasn’t spilling, which was odd!

Ann: Mr. O’Brien,  would help me get this Television off of him? (Facing O’Brien.)

O’Brien: Sure thing. (Ann and O’Brien walk towards the T.V. and lift it back up.)

Stefano: (Whispers) Something isn’t right... (Stefano walks into the foyer and up the stairs.)

Hazel: I’ll be downstairs. (Hazel walks into the foyer and down the stairs into the basement.)

Stefano: This doesn’t make any sense. Stefano just washed the chandelier and it wasn’t about to fall when Stefano checked the rope. (Nathan comes out of his room.)

Nathan: Hey Stefano! What’s up?! What was that loud thud noise?!

Stefano: Umm...well...your uncle took a trip. He said he’ll see you next fall. He told Stefano to tell you. (Scratching back of head.)

Nathan: Aww...I never got to say goodbye to Uncle Joseph. (Shrugging shoulders.) Well I could get mommy’s phone.

Stefano: Stefano thinks you should talk to your mom first.

Nathan: Okay! Let me finish playing video games first. (Walks back into room.)

Stefano: Okay, now let’s check the chandelier. (Stefano walks to the railing and examines where the chandelier was.) There were never pieces of string on the… (Stefano finds the string taped to the ceiling and follows the path with his eyes.) On the ceiling, going down the wall, and straight to the door. Connected to some sort of tripwire hook. This was supposed to happen! (Stefano walks down the stairs and enters the kitchen. O’Brien and Ann are standing around Joseph.)

Ann: Oh no, Stefano! Where’d you go?

Stefano: Oh, Stefano had to help Nathan with homework. Math, obviously. Everything is okay.

Ann: ( Starts to panic) NO!!! Everything's not okay! Larry and Joseph are dead and we still don’t know the murderer!

O’Brien: Okay let’s not all get riled up here! (Trying to calm everyone down.)

Stefano: Well Stefano...wait...where’s Hazel?

Ann: While Mr. O’Brien and I were lifting up the television, she walked away! Where’d she go?!

O’Brien: Well she’s either in the living room, the basement, or upstairs. We can’t afford to lose someone else.

Ann: We should split up to find her!

O’Brien: No we should not. That gives the murderer a chance to kill every one of us. Strength in numbers.

Stefano: Ann, Stefano agrees with Mr. O’Brien.

O’Brien: So according to my clues. Larry and Joseph were killed unexpectedly by objects that should be secured in place. Which means that someone wanted these event to occur and made these objects unsecured.

Ann: (Jumping around excitedly.) It’s Hazel! It has to be! She’s been with Joseph when she died and she was the only one here to witness the event with Larry!

Stefano: Stefano says don’t jump to conclusions yet Ann.

O’Brien: Well I want to examine Larry’s crime scene some more. I know there has to be something we can discover.  Let’s head over. (Stefano, O’Brien, and Ann walk into foyer and stop abruptly in the hallway. Fire is spreading.)

Ann: Oh my god!! The House is burning!!! The House is burning!!! I NEED TO GET NATHAN NOW!!! (Ann runs upstairs to get Nathan.)

O’Brien: Oh god! I want this case solved, seek shelter in the basement!(O’Brien runs downstairs.)

Stefano: (Panicking) Oh no! What shall Stefano do?! What shall Stefano do?!...Stefano knows! (Stefano runs downstairs.)

O’Brien: (O’Brien has hands up and Hazel points gun at O’Brien. Stefano sneaks down the stairs.) Woah, Hazel. I thought we were on the same side.

Hazel: I married Larry for a reason. Money. He is the richest man in Italy and I want his shares, stocks, and the cold hard cash. He has the Vault down here, and you're in my way of becoming the richest criminal in Italy! I’ll give you three seconds or I’ll end you!(Stefano reaches the basement floor, still sneaking.)

O’Brien: Okay now. Please put the gun down Hazel! No need for violence! I am a detective! I am armed! (Opens trench coat. Handgun is shown.)

Hazel: I did not come this far to get arrested!(Shoots O’Brien in the head. O’Brien falls down, dead.)

Stefano: HAZEL!!!!! (Stefano runs at Hazel.)

Hazel: Nice try Stefano. (Hazel turns left and shoots Stefano in stomach. Stefano falls next to O’Brien.)

Stefano: Why...Hazel…. (Stefano applies pressure to wound.)

Hazel: (Turns behind her. Moves to  the small head statue and lifts head up.  A button appears.) Stefano. You will never understand! (Presses button. Wall moves and Vault Door appears.)

Stefano: (Crawls to O’Brien and grabs O’Brien’s gun.) Hey Hazel….

Hazel: What?

Stefano: Stefano says goodbye.  (Stefano shoots Hazel and Hazel falls to the ground dead. Stefano puts the gun down and holds his wound. Breathing heavily) Well….that was thrilling. (Footsteps on the stairs. Paramedic and Firefighters come downstairs.)

Paramedic Landon: (Running to Stefano.) We have a live one over here! He’s bleeding out!

Stefano: Stefano….okay. (Passes out.)

Landon: Sir, stay with me, sir! Please stay with me!” (Performing CPR on Stefano.)
I need backup now!

I would like to have good feedback and good comments to help make me a better writer.