Me Dying | Teen Ink

Me Dying

By aluna1044pf BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
aluna1044pf BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

Me dying

Late october I spent the night at Ricky's house. He's a nice guy and all, I just believe bro’s a little weird. He doesn't talk much and his parents never really show up much but he has all the nice snacks and a nice new gaming setup. Facing facts I can see he’s more than just weird. Seeing Ricky aint even his real name Anthony I thought it was cool having the same name being an only child. I felt as if sharing the same name gave us a nice bond as if we were siblings in a way. Ricky on the other hand hated it whether it was attendance or even just a random encounter Bro would get red and clench his hands. I would say his teeth grinding would be the worst part of his reaction but the truth I would say is his eyes start to strain as if his eyes were close to bloodshot. I never understood why he called himself Ricky though he just walked in last month and during attendance check Mr.West started calling it. “Micheal Devin” “Here” Whitney Gimmal “Present” “Jimmy Jim” “Yo”, Anthony Luna “Here” “Anthony Luna” "Here” “Anthony Lopez” 

(pause)

I can still remember his chair moving as his leg shook, the grinding of his teeth suddenly stopping in a halt. 

Late october I spent the night at Ricky's house. He's a nice guy and all I just believe bro’s a little weird. He doesn't talk much and his parents never really show up much but he has all the nice snacks and a nice new gaming setup. Facing facts I can see he’s more than just weird. Seeing Ricky aint even his real name Anthony I thought it was cool having the same name being an only child. I felt as if sharing the same name gave us a nice bond as if we were siblings in a way. Ricky on the other hand hated it whether it was attendance or even just a random encounter Bro would get red and clench his hands. I would say his teeth grinding would be the worst part of his reaction but the truth I would say is his eyes start to strain as if his eyes were close to bloodshot. I never understood why he called himself Ricky though he just walked in last month and during attendance check Mr.West started calling it. “Micheal Devin” “Here” Whitney Gimmal “Present” “Jimmy Jim” “Yo”, Anthony Luna “Here”  “Anthony Lopez” 

(pause)

“My name is Ricky” 

He said softly 

I saw as Mr.West’s ears perk 

“Excuse me” 

“MY NAME is Ricky”

Mr. West starts to act as if he hears a voice 

“Can you please speak up”

Ricky slams his fist down on the table with his eyes almost bloodshot yelling at the top of his lungs.

“MY NAME IS RICKY YOU WILL CALL ME RICKY AND NOTHING ELSE”

Everyone from Mr.West to me to even the crazy Jimmy Jim jumped in our seats. There was only one kid who said something little miss never hurt people with physical touch but oh no say one thing and this girl becomes a walking nightmare. This time though her comment pushed to another level with just one chuckle and the word 

“Really” 

Ricky jumped out of his seat and walked at the pace  of someone waiting for something. I didn’t know if he wanted someone to say something or someone to do something else but he waited for a good minute before she chuckled at him again. He walked up to her and all I could see was his eyes looking like the blood moon and the aura of a dark room emanating from his body. It all happened so fast no one could capture the moment not in person and not even on ca mera.