Saw.. | Teen Ink

Saw..

October 11, 2023
By alicepurr GOLD, Fort White, Florida
alicepurr GOLD, Fort White, Florida
13 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Having a larger capacity to feel and express emotion are one of the many qualities that make us *superior* to your kind.- Melanie Martinez K-12



It started back when I needed a job.I was a good singer, everyone loved my work and loved my songs. I remember the bar.. My first gig there. I met up with the manager and we talked about my musical number. He said,“I will be the third person to sing on stage”. I couldn’t wait for it, I wanted fame and needed it. The day continued as I was there getting ready. I could hear the crowd of half drunk people wanting to be entertained. I went on stage and started my number. Lights were on me,people cheered. What more could I ask? I was tipped well and paid very well. Every Time I was on stage people would go crazy. Throwing the money at me as I sang. The manager knew I was making more money than him. That made him mad, better yet pissed off that I was good. He fired me so that I fell into a depression. Did it work? No, I simply performed outside his bar. It was petty of me to do that but… I wanted the whole world to notice me. I was performing at least twice a week now, maybe more than twice. I felt like I had completed my debut, it was crazy. Then it happened.. As I walked to the bar I got hit in the head with a bat. I woke up in this room… my arms and legs were chained to a machine and a voice told me I have 2 minutes to escape. I struggled and thrashed about, screaming for help. I heard the alarm go off…